Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge

The Lounge

Everyone will Finally be equal

This is a discussion on Everyone will Finally be equal within the The Lounge forums, part of the Member's Area category!
A short film adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron, 2081 depicts a dystopian future in which, thanks to the 212th ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Everyone will Finally be equal

A short film adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron, 2081 depicts a dystopian future in which, thanks to the 212th Amendment to the Constitution and the vigilance of the United States Handicapper General, everyone is "finally equal...." The strong wear weights, the beautiful wear masks and the intelligent wear earpieces that fire off loud noises to keep them from taking unfair advantage of their brains. It is a poetic tale of triumph and tragedy about a broken family, a brutal government, and an act of defiance that changes everything.

2081 features an original score composed by Lee Brooks and performed by the world-renowned Kronos Quartet (Requiem for a Dream), narration by Academy Award Nominee Patricia Clarkson (Far From Heaven, Goodnight and Good Luck), and stars James Cosmo (Braveheart, Trainspotting), Julie Hagerty (Airplane!, What About Bob?) and Armie Hammer (The Social Network).

This short film was released in 2009. I have watched over a thousand times by now. I have to say that the plot seems much like the way that the USA is going right now. I have to say that with a budget of $100,000 for a 24 minute film they did an amazing job.
Covert intelligence involves a lot of waiting around. Any meeting, any appointment, you have to show up early, make sure you are not followed; make sure the area is secured; check out the other guy's advance team and see how well he is prepared. It's good trade craft but it's like hanging out in your dentist's reception area 24 hours a day. You read magazines, sip coffee, and every once in a while someone tries to kill you.
Daveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Administrator

OK...

I didn't think you were serious... But

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi...ally_be_equal/
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
OK...

I didn't think you were serious... But

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi...ally_be_equal/
I loved this movie enough that I bought it the day it was released on DVD. The sad part was having to buy it from the website as stores do not have the movie on their shelves.
Covert intelligence involves a lot of waiting around. Any meeting, any appointment, you have to show up early, make sure you are not followed; make sure the area is secured; check out the other guy's advance team and see how well he is prepared. It's good trade craft but it's like hanging out in your dentist's reception area 24 hours a day. You read magazines, sip coffee, and every once in a while someone tries to kill you.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Great book. I'll have to watch the movie when I get a few minutes.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post
Great book. I'll have to watch the movie when I get a few minutes.
It was because of the book that I wanted to see the movie. That and I try to watch all the Film Festival films.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Administrator

OK... if you've watched that over 1k times.... we need to talk
Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by viperjeff View Post
ok... If you've watched that over 1k times.... We need to talk
it's all a conspiracy man!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Administrator

It just may be true.... but a thousand times.......
Old 10-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
It just may be true.... but a thousand times.......
It's only 24 mins not including the credits which would make it 26 minutes. The average person sends 60 hours watching TV a week. Take that divided by the time of the DVD release days and roughly I could have watched it about 40 to 50 thousand times. So I factored in the other shows that I watch and broke it down to 1000 times since the DVD's release. Give or take 900 times.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I watched it and found it interesting. That is the basic premises of todays administration. Make everyone equal by limiting or taking away others abilities. I also noticed how they have control over what the networks could show. Very parallel to what is currently taking place.