Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge

The Lounge

Ghost Town

This is a discussion on Ghost Town within the The Lounge forums, part of the Member's Area category!
So what's everybody doin'? Yard work? Washing/waxing the cars? Unpacking boxes (for you Jeff)? Grillin'? Cause you aren't saying anything ...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Default Ghost Town

So what's everybody doin'? Yard work? Washing/waxing the cars? Unpacking boxes (for you Jeff)? Grillin'?

Cause you aren't saying anything here.

I spent the weekend doing odd jobs and working on getting my old truck back into condition to be a backup vehicle to my main work truck.

I mowed the yard, worked on our water softener, painted the tool boxes, wire brushed the rust off and painted the ladder rack, did a service run on Saturday, started my motorcycle and let it run for awhile and a bunch of other little honey do's between the bigger jobs. I was so beat yesterday evening I had to take a ruscle melaxer. My back was knotting up.

Anyhow, just checking to see if I'm the only one left here on the Weapons Forum. I may have to start threads and respond to them myself if I have to.
oppo likes this.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Last 1.5 yrs am real active shooting and supporting Max velocity tactical School as range safety etc.
SilvrSRT10 and oppo like this.

Last edited by Bluez; 06-08-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I put 300 miles on the Vic on Friday and another 300 Saturday.
I was thinking of going fishing today, but I had 2 days of goofing off so I had to do chores and housework today...laundry, dishes, clean the house and garage, wash the Jeep and cycle. As my dad would tease, a woman's work is never done...
SilvrSRT10 and oppo like this.

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Shooting? Fishing? Riding? Vacation? What are these things you speak of?

Oh yeah, we had some heavy rains the other day. Washed the driveway out some in places. Had to regrade it today. Wife was complaining of how bumpy it was. Gees, she drives a Jeep. Just drive over the bumps.

Helped out my parents today with a couple little jobs as well. I've got all this stuff that needs to be done. But my wife gets upset when I work myself to a frazzle. But if I don't then none of the stuff will get done. It's like a dog chasing his tail.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Was wondering if the government has got to all gun forms and shut them down.
NRA: Gun blogs, videos, web forums threatened by new State Dept. regulation | Fox News
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Work weekends and sometimes late at that..got home at midnight last night. But got done pressure washing the driveway, sidewalks and curbs recently..makes a mess but looks good afterwards..plus make the neighbors come over and get complements on. Next big project is staining our cedar deck..850 sq.ft. size. Wife and I went to Home Depot and ordered a new fridge...seems like ten years is average anymore on appliances. Should be here next week. Dug out the exercise rower from the garage and need to lose about 15-20 pounds..nothing serious and cleaned up the 1943 Lee-Enfield a bit..still looks pretty good considering its almost 75 years old now.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Had graduations to go to. Did some yard work and such. Drug the bike out of the garage after sitting way too long. Spent some quality time with the wife and here shortly will leaving town again to head back to work. The poor guns got neglected again.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Administrator

Yep, unpacking and working two jobs

Lunch and Ike I get to browse
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I still have unpacked boxes from ten years ago up in the garage..most likely where my old playboy magazines are..had a stack of them from the 60's and 70's..but of course I bought them just to read the articles..yeah sure Sarge.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I've been working 6 day/58 hour weeks. I have a vacation coming soon so I hope to hit the range then.