Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge

The Lounge

So Whatcha Doin' Today?

This is a discussion on So Whatcha Doin' Today? within the The Lounge forums, part of the Member's Area category!
Kind of a domino effect day (I'll get to that in a minute). Being mothers day, we met my parents ...

Like Tree188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #221 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Kind of a domino effect day (I'll get to that in a minute).

Being mothers day, we met my parents for breakfast and being the good son I bought (never any question about that). Then we stopped by Lowe's for some mulch. Checked out their website ahead of time and it said our store had 13 bags. We get there and they don't have any. I show the helper dude that yes, their website shows 13 bags. The other helper dude says that they haven't updated the website and that they are sold out.

So I ask, "What good is the website if you don't have what it says you do"? Both helper dudes give me the deer in the headlights look. They said that some more is on the way. I guess I'll keep an eye on the website so I know when that arrives.

Here's the domino part. The main thing I wanted to accomplish today was paint some rims that were on the boat trailer. I bought a manual tire changer to remove the tires from the rims. They were trash anyhow. Wasn't sure they were going to get the boat home. I needed to build a platform to mount the tire machine on so it doesn't walk all over the place while wrestling with a rim.

So I built a platform to mount the tire machine on. Used the tire machine to unmount the tires from the rims. And finally, cleaned and painted the rims. Now I'm waiting for the new tires to be delivered so I can remount them and get them back under the boat.

oppo and Bluez like this.

Last edited by SilvrSRT10; 05-14-2017 at 06:20 PM.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #222 (permalink)

Full Access Member

The wheels look good
SilvrSRT10 likes this.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #223 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
The wheels look good
Thanks, I'm happy with them. Turned out better than expected. I'm in the process of doing a third one for the spare. The trigger on the spray can was difficult to use. It may be due to my big hands but I couldn't do it one handed. Had to hold the can in one hand and activate the trigger with the other. I read some Amazon reviews (after the fact) that also complain about the trigger. But it all turned out alright.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #224 (permalink)

Super Moderator

My trailer tires came in. Today was a light workday so I came home and attempted to mount them on my newly painted rims. Holy cow what a pain it was. I don't know what the heck i got but they won't go on the rim. I've lubed it up with soap and I can get it half way there and then it just pops back off the rim. I've got to plan a different strategy. I got a load range "C" tire. 215/75-14. The rim is a 14". By the numbers it should work. The side walls and bead are extremely stiff on this tire. Ought to be a good one if I can ever get it on the rim.

I think I may have to mount the tire rim to the concrete. It's moving around too much while trying to get the tire on. The tire machine needs to be dead steady. As it is right now I'm having to stand on the wood that it's mounted to so that it doesn't move. My wife says to just take it someplace and have them do it. Nope, It's a personal goal now to do this myself. I will figure out a way.
Bluez likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #225 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
My trailer tires came in. Today was a light workday so I came home and attempted to mount them on my newly painted rims. Holy cow what a pain it was. I don't know what the heck i got but they won't go on the rim. I've lubed it up with soap and I can get it half way there and then it just pops back off the rim. I've got to plan a different strategy. I got a load range "C" tire. 215/75-14. The rim is a 14". By the numbers it should work. The side walls and bead are extremely stiff on this tire. Ought to be a good one if I can ever get it on the rim.

I think I may have to mount the tire rim to the concrete. It's moving around too much while trying to get the tire on. The tire machine needs to be dead steady. As it is right now I'm having to stand on the wood that it's mounted to so that it doesn't move. My wife says to just take it someplace and have them do it. Nope, It's a personal goal now to do this myself. I will figure out a way.
I would have to agree with your wife on this one, unless you don't feel pain.

Greed & corruption is the norm.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #226 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by #860 View Post
I would have to agree with your wife on this one, unless you don't feel pain.
Secretly I agree too. I just have to play stubborn a little while.
#860 and oppo like this.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #227 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I had a great week for readiness so I will put it down ( I think a week is a better indicator than "a day")
3 Ruck marches and 1 very long and hard pistol class where I got really challenged.
oppo likes this.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #228 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Nothing.....not a dog gone thing! It's been a rainy nasty mess the past couple days. Yesterday started out raining but cleared up. I did get some trouble calls done. Woke up to a deluge this morning and it tapered off but the second round is upon us. Good day for a nap.

I did figure out how to put some photos into a private album so that they are password protected. No, not the nude ones, I show those to everybody. I wanted to have my drivers license and CCW permit on my phone. Just in case I lose my wallet and need to show my ID. But I didn't want them out in the cloud on Google Photos. So I put my phone in Airplane mode shutting down all outside communication. Took my pictures, made them private and then took it out of Airplane mode. They're on the phone and nowhere else. Ta daaaa.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:00 PM   #229 (permalink)

Super Moderator

With all this rain I've noticed some gutter overflowing. I just came in from trying to clear one. On my detached garage the downspout was clogged. Hey, I've got a great idea. I'll crank my blower and shove it in the end of the downspout and blip the throttle. Yeah, that'll work. Like Old Faithful. Water shot up about three feet and came down right on top of me. I looked up just in time to see it heading my way.

No biggie. I got the back of my shirt all wet. But my downspout is clear. It worked better than I had anticipated.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #230 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Was a heck of a day. First we went into town for breakfast. We typically meet some folks there and other people come and go as well. My parents showed up and we chatted for awhile. Then we came home and got busy. No, not that kind of busy. Yard cleanup type busy.

I burned some cardboard, helped clean off the screened in porch, replaced a mercury vapor light bulb with a LED bulb (had to bypass the igniter), changed out the two front porch lights with new ones and installed LED bulbs in them, our Jeep heat/ac blower has been acting intermittently so I had ordered one of those and replaced it, noticed the last time it rained some gutters were overflowing so I cleaned them, my electric pressure washer wasn't acting right so I fixed that, just spent the last half hour fixing a printer network problem, took the wife out to dinner and now the hot tub is filling with water.

I'm taking tomorrow off.
oppo likes this.