Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge

The Lounge

Tried some rental guns today

This is a discussion on Tried some rental guns today within the The Lounge forums, part of the Member's Area category!
I actually got off work at a decent time today and decided to stop by the range. I wanted to ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By oppo
  • 2 Post By SilvrSRT10
  • 1 Post By Bluez

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Tried some rental guns today

I actually got off work at a decent time today and decided to stop by the range. I wanted to see if they had an M&P 380 for my wife to try later. I was also thinking about trying a CM9 again to upgrade my pocket gun. They sold their CM9 and don't currently have an M&P 380 but are supposed to be getting one shortly. While I was there I shot the little Taurus 738 that I pocket carry at work and tried a few of their rental guns. I started with a shield 2.0 in 9mm. It is definitely an upgrade over the original and the trigger is considerably better. I really liked it. After trying a few others, I shot a Sig P365. It is a double stack 9mm that is not much bigger than my little 380. It is much smaller than the shield and easily small enough for pocket carry yet feels larger in the hand than it actually is and shoots like a much larger gun. I was highly impressed and definitely need to get one. This thing will make a fantastic carry gun.
SilvrSRT10 and Bluez like this.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

The P365 sounds a lot like the Taurus PT111/PT140 G2. Both of those are very concealable and still pack a 10+1 (140) 12+1 (111) capacity. I saw that the price on the Sig is $499. I bought my PT140 for $200. So if you haven't tried the Taurus, give one a try. They are getting very good reviews.

Next time I'm in my local gun store, I'll have to see how the Sig feels.
oppo and Bluez like this.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Thanks for the evaluation and the feedback!
oppo likes this.