Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge

The Lounge

Well this sucks. . . .

This is a discussion on Well this sucks. . . . within the The Lounge forums, part of the Member's Area category!
I was going to spend my weekend with a bunch of nerds at the Salt Lake Comic Con this weekend, ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Administrator

Default Well this sucks. . . .

I was going to spend my weekend with a bunch of nerds at the Salt Lake Comic Con this weekend, but my house flooded last night and I have spent a good portion of the day cleaning up and looking at the damage. With just 7 items I am already over $1,500 in items that have been damaged and that is only at the "what is it going to cost to replace" price. I have so much more to go through and look at that I have almost no idea where to start. The bathroom that flooded is having the floor ripped out tomorrow and the garage that it flooded into was a storage space for when I had to get stuff out of the house to get my new windows installed.

Several hundreds of items are garbage now and the more I dig into the garage the more water damage I find. What was suppose to be a rather fun and relaxing weekend it going to be a horrendous pain in the ass and a costly one at that. To top it all off, the soaked ceiling in the garage was so water logged that when I was moving stuff around it fell on my head. After many hours I still have a headache that refuses to go away. Cant ask the wife to help because she left this morning for Fort Bridger and Mountain Man Rendezvous. There is not enough liquor in the world to fix this problem.

:favorite s68:
Old 09-01-2016, 04:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Question

That does suck.

Will flood insurance cover any of it?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Administrator

I think the flood started in the bathroom, so insurance should cover damage to the house, not sure about the items in the house
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Home owners should cover it all . Good luck .
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Sorry to hear that. Sucks indeed.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Well that certainly puts a wet blanket on things. I hope the weekend isn't too draining.
ViperJeff likes this.

Last edited by SilvrSRT10; 09-01-2016 at 05:55 PM.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Administrator

This weekend is Salt Lake Comic Con weekend and I am going to be able to go to some of it, but the guys are here today looking at the floor and damage, they confirmed that the floor and walls have to go in the bathroom, and floor and some of the walls in the hallway are going. I have homeowners insurance with a $1000 deductible, but with all the destroyed items, that should be covered with that. They have sent me a form to fill out that has all the damaged items in it, I am hoping that I can get something back, already over $2000 lost in personal items and I only have 7 items on the list so far.

This weekend will be draining, but I am hoping that it will be from the Comic Con and not the destruction of my house. I have been having some fun and I even got to get my picture taken with an actor yesterday that I had sign a picture for me first and then got my picture taken with him. It was funny because he served in the Marines and I told him I was Army and that we were special because we are listed in the dictionary under stupidity, he laughed. When I got my picture with him he remembered me and as I walked up he said "Hey Army" it was a lot of fun.

Well they just left for the day, they need to run an asbestos check in my house because of how old it is. In 24 hours they will be back and finish the job of demolishing my house. Yay . . . . . . . . . .
Old 09-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Administrator

Fun
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Oh man, lets hope they don't find any asbestos. This could really turn into a whole home remodel.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Administrator

Yeah if that happens, well . . . . . To be honest I don't know what I would do because I cannot afford that type of remodel.