Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

18 Year Old Shoots Self In Head

This is a discussion on 18 Year Old Shoots Self In Head within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
This is fucking how dumb our youth is, read the article please..... GUNS 101 Never branish a firearm to show ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default 18 Year Old Shoots Self In Head

This is fucking how dumb our youth is, read the article please.....
GUNS 101 Never branish a firearm to show it off unless at a legal gun show and have it zipp tied PERIOD

http://www.tampabay.com/news/st-pete...police/1269853
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

He was never instructed propper handeling from what I read and had no sense. Im with you if someone is looking at anything of mine I personally unload it and have it to them with an open breach and also have them inspect it. TREAT EVERY GUN AS IT IS LOADED!!! Rule #1
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

The same safety rules apply regardless of where you are. I hate to sound cold but this was a fatal case of stupid. I feel sorry for his friends and family as well as him for what he went through losing his parents but I can only muster so much sympathy for someone who chose to put a loaded firearm to their head and pull the trigger.

Last edited by oppo; 01-11-2013 at 12:46 PM.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

He was stupid enough to put a gun to his head and pull the trigger which is the most ridiculous thing that he could have done. I am sorry for his family but anyone that stupid does not get my sympathy.

Ruger SR9c, Ruger 22/45, Savage MKII SV-FR
AR build in progress
DrkSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I agree with everyone who posted...What an idiot, I know the area very well where it happened anf its not that bad (THUGS) but he was just branishing and showing off to his thug friends. Whenever you go to a gun shop they lock the breach open for you to see. I do the same to my BF when he wants to see any new toys I have gotten.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

They say you can't fix stupid. Apparently he figured out how.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
They say you can't fix stupid. Apparently he figured out how.
He proved a point for sure... one thing that no one mentioned which surprised me was his age. I know you saying to yourself " no matter what the laws are if u want a gun you will do whatever u want to get one" IMO private sales should be required to do a bill of sale and when the buyer sells it, take a copy to the local sherrifs office so they may enter it into their database....JMHO, Concealed 27
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
He proved a point for sure... one thing that no one mentioned which surprised me was his age. I know you saying to yourself " no matter what the laws are if u want a gun you will do whatever u want to get one" IMO private sales should be required to do a bill of sale and when the buyer sells it, take a copy to the local sherrifs office so they may enter it into their database....JMHO, Concealed 27
I'll go ahead and say . No. If we go there, you'll then soon be doing background checks on people. Im all for knowing that name of who you sold it to. But good faith is as far as this should go. If we start to head that direction we could potentially keep guns out of felons hands, but they'll just get them forcefully instead. Numerous reasons I disagree with this idea. Not to mention it's big brother shit. I know that im in the database when I buy from a store, and that is unfortunate as well. Records could even make the private seller liable for a crime in some people's eyes. Just a mess

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Last edited by Bootstrap; 01-12-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Bootstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Bootstrap View Post
I'll go ahead and say . No. If we go there, you'll then soon be doing background checks on people. Im all for knowing that name of who you sold it to. But good faith is as far as this should go. If we start to head that direction we could potentially keep guns out of felons hands, but they'll just get them forcefully instead. Numerous reasons I disagree with this idea. Not to mention it's big brother shit. I know that im in the database when I buy from a store, and that is unfortunate as well. Records could even make the private seller liable for a crime in some people's eyes. Just a mess

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
I have to say I aggre with ya, after all the points you made....sounds like that's that's not the answer. But something has to be done, that we know for sure..
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
I have to say I aggre with ya, after all the points you made....sounds like that's that's not the answer. But something has to be done, that we know for sure..
If so, there is a long list of things that something must be done about. There are all sorts of ways people hurt themselves or others. Look at the problem with obesity and the resulting health problems. We need to follow Bloomberg and ban large drinks. Why stop there? Let's ban all junk foods and all sodas and anything fried and buffets. While we are at it, tons of kids drown in swimming pools. Something must be done. It is for the children. If we can save even 1 life...

Freedom isn't free but it is worth what it costs.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote