Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Australian study

This is a discussion on Australian study within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default Australian study

A group of researchers from the University of Queensland, Australia released a study titled “Racism, Gun Ownership and Gun Control: Biased Attitudes in US Whites May Influence Policy Decisions” on October 31, 2013. According to this study there is a great correlation between white gun ownership in the United States and racism against blacks. The researchers go out of their way to reaffirm their hypothesis by using questionable data, contradiction, stereotypes, and adjusting variables until they get the desired result. The hypothesis put forth claims that since more whites own guns and are willing to protect gun rights at a greater instance than blacks, they claim whites owning a gun for self-protection is false. According to their studies, the real reason why whites own guns is their fear of blacks and the stereotype that blacks are more violent. The study goes on to claim that white gun owners suffer from symbolic racism and the study even goes as far as claiming gun ownership will eventually make a white person become a racist.

This study relied on the information gathered from the American National Election Study (ANES) to come to their conclusion. The researchers opted to pick a group of people that met a certain demographic; white, male, conservative, gun owner, anti-government sentiment, southerner, etc., and observed the answers to the race related questions given by ANES

Read more at New Study Plays Race Card on Gun Owners - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yeah, I saw that "study."
Junk science for sure.
"Lies, damn lies, and statistics" as they say.

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Studies can be filled with made up facts to support whatever they are trying to prove. Global warming comes to mind. They're still trying to sell that one.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I suspect the UN will try to validate the study.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I really don't give much credence to this..anybody can "slant" conclusions based on their own personal beliefs or perceptions.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Hell ya and we can spend millions to show how it works here.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Administrator

I dunno about any of you, but in the military I had a black NCO. I thought he was a very good man and I respected him. I also work with white, black, Asian and Hispanic. I have friends of every race and I don't feel the need to whip out a firearm and kick ass, what about you guys?
Old 11-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

My senior drill instructor was black and I would have followed him to hell. In fact I think I did.Color only an issue when they want it to be.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

It's Australia, What else would they conclude?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan
TheOl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

That white sharks are racist. They must be feminist to to be man eaters. Or well a gay.