Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Chattanooga shooting

This is a discussion on Chattanooga shooting within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
A gunman killed four Marines on Thursday in attacks on two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee, authorities said. A police ...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Chattanooga shooting

A gunman killed four Marines on Thursday in attacks on two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee, authorities said. A police officer and a Marine recruiter were injured in the rampage.

The gunman was killed after a shootout with police at the second facility, authorities said. It was not immediately clear whether police killed him or he killed himself.

"Today is a nightmare for the city of Chattanooga," Mayor Andy Berke said.

The gunman's name was not immediately released, and authorities offered no immediate information on a motive. Bill Killian, the top federal prosecutor for eastern Tennessee, said the attack was being investigated as an act of domestic terrorism.

The shootings happened about 40 minutes and six miles apart, first at a military recruitment station and then at a Navy and Marines reserve center. A defense official said the gunman used an automatic weapon.

The Marines were killed at the reserve center. The Marine Corps said their names would be released after their relatives were notified.

Officials are treating it as a domestic terrorism attack.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Angry

Witness to Chattanooga shooting: 'heavy barrage of gunfire' | On Air Videos | Fox News

Sounds like they went down fighting back. Thank goodness they weren't as disarmed as those at Ft. Hood were. Hope they find any others who are responsible, & squash them like bugs.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Angry

CHATTANOOGA GUNMAN IDENTIFIED AS MUHAMMAD YOUSSEF ABDULAZEEZ, FOX NEWS CONFIRMS - 4 Marines dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility | Fox News

ANOTHER mohammedan shiiteball - better ban the Confederate flag some more.
oppo likes this.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

The picture found online does show a no weapons sign. I don't know how there was return fire on the terrorist unless it was police that arrived on the scene. Just now starting to look at this so I don't have all the puzzle pieces yet.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Arm our service people like the Jews do now.
oppo likes this.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Arm our service people like the Jews do now.
Shoot - they arm their high school students!!!

oppo and kwo51 like this.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

It's hard to identify when and where these "lone wolves" will strike next. Brainwashed with their religious fanatical beliefs and orders to strike for their cause whenever and wherever. Seems like most of them are ages between 18-25 who are consumed with hatred and blind devotion to a cause that will be defeated in the end. Prayers go out tonight for the families who have lost loved ones today.
kwo51 and The War Wagon like this.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
It's hard to identify when and where these "lone wolves" will strike next. Brainwashed with their religious fanatical beliefs and orders to strike for their cause whenever and wherever. Seems like most of them are ages between 18-25 who are consumed with hatred and blind devotion to a cause that will be defeated in the end. Prayers go out tonight for the families who have lost loved ones today.
Yes indeed, think that is why I have been buying weapons and carrying. Almost ready to keep my mini-30 in my vehicle in case i need the firepower when shopping at my local Wallyworld!
I think it's just a matter of time before this will be a common occurrence. Can't believe that our military is not armed on a full time basis.
oppo likes this.
doublestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by doublestack View Post
Can't believe that our military is not armed on a full time basis.
You can thank Mr. Clinton for initiating that. And his successors for not fixing it.
oppo and The War Wagon like this.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Administrator

When I was in the military, the only time I was ever armed was when I was at the firing range, or leaving the camp in Kosovo. When September 11th happened I was in Kosovo and we grabbed all our ammo and were ready to go forth and kick some ass should our country need us. Beyond that, I think the only military personal I ever saw armed on the camps/bases were the Military Police officers and even that was in doubt at times. We serve our country, we sign up KNOWING that we could loose our lives in some pointless battle or even a accident in a training exercise. When it comes to Second Amendment rights though, the military does not recognize them in the slightest way possible and its almost as if they think "oh well the troops here in the states are bullet proof, why do they need guns here?" Makes my skin crawl.
oppo likes this.