Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Dang! They are B-Z...

This is a discussion on Dang! They are B-Z... within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Just left Guns Plus in Spring Lake, NC Just outside Fort Bragg. Dang it was packed 3-4 deep with 4-5 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Dang! They are B-Z...

Just left Guns Plus in Spring Lake, NC Just outside Fort Bragg. Dang it was packed 3-4 deep with 4-5 guys working the counter! 6-7 waiting in line for a range slot!
They told me that on Thursday they had 500 AR varieties. As of 1400 this after noon he has 5. Plans on them being gone before 5! # wholesalers had shut their websites down for "repricing". No idea when they will be shipping guns again.

What are you guys seeing in your parts of the world?

Who says we need more gun regulations...just more guns!!!!
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Lots of gun being left over after the 21.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I bought the wife a Ruger LC9 on Saturday that will be her christmas present. The store was incredibly busy, however, what I saw was many people buying guns that will never get shot or trained with. While I was filling out my forms two older ladies came up and one bought a kel-tec 9mm and a ruger lcp both for protection and with a box of rounds. Both off these women had NO idea what they wanted in a gun just and just told the salesman that they wanted a gun while they could still buy one.
DrkSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

It is their right. Old ladies will surprise you on the range. Don't f--k with mother bear.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
It is their right.
I 100% agree. It just made me mad that the salesman didn't seem to help them in their decision and they did not have the knowledge to make a informed one. Such as, the one that bought the LCP was also looking at another compact .380 and the only reason that she picked the Ruger was that it was made in the USA. While I agree that is a great reason, and one reason that I have three Ruger pistols, it is not the only thing I would make a decision on.
DrkSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

well. at the facility where I was the purchasers were primarily military, country boys and LEO-types. very knowledgable in their needs and what they wanted to purchase.
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I bet a lot are people who saw the ridiculous prices during the last "AWB". I mean Glock 19 mags NIB were going for $100. Not to mention "pre-ban" lowers and rifles.

Some may be just "investing for return"
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote