Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Doomsday bunkers on the rise

This is a discussion on Doomsday bunkers on the rise within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Small California city welcomes doomsday bunkers | Offbeat | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News I remember ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Doomsday bunkers on the rise

Small California city welcomes doomsday bunkers | Offbeat | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

I remember the old man was thinking about building a underground shelter in our backyard from a Soviet nuclear attack during the late fifties. But now it's everything that scares us...what a world we live in.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

It would be cool to have a Bunker or at least a decent BOL
Concealed 27 likes this.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

My safe room is my swimming pool.
STF likes this.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

All I know is.......I want one. But to keep from raising suspicions I'm calling mine a storm shelter.
Actually, I wouldn't mind burying one of these in the back yard and creating a hidden access to it.

Last edited by SilvrSRT10; 09-10-2013 at 06:14 PM.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

There are alot of people that are sharing cost and prepping with family or friends and neighbors. If I had a chance to get one I would probably do it, I'm renting right now but when I buy a home it might be buried in my backyard....
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Spent to much time in man holes. I will take my chances on top on the earth.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
All I know is.......I want one. But to keep from raising suspicions I'm calling mine a storm shelter.
Actually, I wouldn't mind burying one of these in the back yard and creating a hidden access to it.
I have a few ideas for this in my "storm" shelter build...waiting on the land.

SWSS from somewhere....
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

For a cool $750K you can have your own former missile silo in Oklahoma...good way to escape from pesky neighbors or that sudden surprise from North Korea. Atlas warheads not included.

Silo for Sale - Atlas F Missile Base Property

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I've see some of those shows where people move into an old missile silo. I would want one but don't want to have to move to N. Dakota or Oklahoma.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
I've see some of those shows where people move into an old missile silo. I would want one but don't want to have to move to N. Dakota or Oklahoma.
I saw that show too on history or discovery channel.....very interesting. If i had my choice of a bug out place to live it would be Montana , I would build a compoundby hand, I want to be self sufficient but I am unable to currently do to my health conditions. But I'm still young so hopefully if we are not at war with the government I can do what I want to.......
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote