Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Epic failure of the victim selection process

This is a discussion on Epic failure of the victim selection process within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Epic failure of the victim selection process

Chris Kyle

US Navy Seal and the most confirmed kills of any sniper is US history

The Universe Has a Good Laugh ę Stately McDaniel Manor

On a bitterly cold morning in early January of 2009, the war, in a sense, found Chris again.* What happened to him not far from his home outside Dallas never made the news, since the town involved didnít want the publicity, but the incident certainly would have made national headlines had a reporter ever gotten a tip about it.Chris was minding his own business, fueling his pickup truck at a gas station, when he found himself at gunpoint.* Two men holding pistols demanded his truck.* Law enforcement will usually advise you to give in to the criminal in a situation like this.* And thatís good advice.* But Chris took another route.* Very calmly and coolly, he sized up which of the men was handling his pistol more comfortably.* He put his hands up and told them he was going to reach into the truck to get his keys.* Then his hand went under his coat.* From a waistband holster, he pulled his Colt 1911.* Swinging the pistol under his left armpit, he gave each robber two .45 caliber Hydra-Shock hollow-points to the chest.* By the time the cops responded to the 911 call from the terrified lady who had locked herself in a car behind Chrisís truck, the matter was settled.* Elapsed time: about ten seconds.* The service stationís security cameras caught the whole thing.I pray for anyone whose life gets so desperate that he or she chooses to resort to a life of crime, but itís hard to resist a little cold laughter all the same: I mean, how unlucky a dumbass do you have to be to target a random guy for felony armed assault and find out heís killed more people than smallpox?
Well done Mr Kyle
ViperJeff and Concealed 27 like this.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

We need more stories like this.

Last edited by SilvrSRT10; 01-08-2013 at 10:48 PM.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Amen brother.... This is what the media does not want us to see...Why, because they want to scare us into consumption of whatever. Every 4 years its guns, every year its Hurricane season...Spend ,spend, and Beg us to go get prepared for it and dump your money into what you should already have in your home. THEY SCARE AMERICA INTO CONSUMPTION PERIOD
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Seal, 1911 colt not a berta. Smart guy.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Seal, 1911 colt not a berta. Smart guy.
NOne of the Spec-Ops carry a Beretta. Most are carrying Sigs. 1911 is always a great choice.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
NOne of the Spec-Ops carry a Beretta. Most are carrying Sigs. 1911 is always a great choice.
As far as I know Rangers still use the beretta M9. I know for a fact we used it during the mid 90's
Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Im thinking of picking up an ATI, they are inexpensive and lots of good reveiws on them.......

"The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
As far as I know Rangers still use the beretta M9. I know for a fact we used it during the mid 90's
Really? In the 80's we had a Sig226.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
Really? In the 80's we had a Sig226.
Yep. I actually did a search yesterday and from what I saw it still said the beretta m9. Where were you stationed in the 80's?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Fair gun fight, yap that is a nato thing. I will cheat alot.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote