Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Gun burglary attempt tied to Journal News gun owner map

This is a discussion on Gun burglary attempt tied to Journal News gun owner map within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Fears expressed about potential dangers of an anti-gun newspaper publishing detailed maps revealing who owns guns have evidently materialized, Gun ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ViperJeff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Administrator

Default Gun burglary attempt tied to Journal News gun owner map

Fears expressed about potential dangers of an anti-gun newspaper publishing detailed maps revealing who owns guns have evidently materialized,

Gun burglary attempt tied to Journal News gun owner map - National gun rights | Examiner.com
Concealed 27 likes this.
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I am so glad that I live in Florida, its not legal to do as I've said before. If i lived in NY I would never leave my house, luckily they had it locked up. But the anti gun people are going to cause a civil war IMHO... there is no invasion of privacy anymore, if its public record and u have the time you can find out just about anything or anyone under " the freedom of information act " I OC or concealed carry in my home. Goes on my person at 7am and goes under my pillow if i can even get to sleep. Very sick feeling after reading article. Thanks Viper for putting it out there for us to see..... Concealed 27

Thomas Jefferson

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should also have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

George's Washington
Concealed 27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Administrator

The good part is GRAMA requests can be denied, the political fools in NY buckled in those two counties and gave in to a request that could have been denied, just like the third one was. Freedom of Information is good, when done properly and for good cause. It is the absolute responsibility of the GRAMA Officals

GRAMA

The Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) is a comprehensive law dealing with management of government records. GRAMA states who has access to records and how the law is enforced. It is an attempt to balance the public's constitutional right of access to information concerning public business, the individual's constitutional right of privacy when the government gathers personal data, and the public policy interest in allowing a government to restrict access to certain records for the public good
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

FYI- I was referring to act in the way u described. I know someone committing fradualent claims with section eight housing.. She got housing in three months and I am unable to even apply do them not accecting applications plus there's at least a one year waiting list... " things that make u humm "

Thomas Jefferson

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should also have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

George's Washington
Concealed 27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

and its irreversible. those maps have been saved on who knows how many criminals computers, and eventually someone is going to get their guns stolen when they are away. but hey, at least we know who owns guns right?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
I am so glad that I live in Florida, its not legal to do as I've said before. If i lived in NY I would never leave my house, luckily they had it locked up. But the anti gun people are going to cause a civil war IMHO... there is no invasion of privacy anymore, if its public record and u have the time you can find out just about anything or anyone under " the freedom of information act " I OC or concealed carry in my home. Goes on my person at 7am and goes under my pillow if i can even get to sleep. Very sick feeling after reading article. Thanks Viper for putting it out there for us to see..... Concealed 27

Yep! you are so right on this one I would have mines on my side all the time. With all of the stuff that's going on in all the world today it's not safe nowhere you go, not evening in your own home. SICK!
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote