Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Hockey fan brings gun to game

This is a discussion on Hockey fan brings gun to game within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Hockey fan brings gun to game

TAMPA, Fla. Police say a 27-year-old St. Petersburg man faces misdemeanor charges after bringing a gun to the Tampa Bay Lightning playoff game against the Montreal Canadiens.

Someone saw Lucas Cassidy drop the gun inside a bathroom at the Amalie Arena on Wednesday night and notified authorities. When a Tampa police officer confronted Cassidy, he told her he had a gun in his pocket.

Police say that since Cassidy has a valid concealed weapon permit, he will face a second-degree misdemeanor charge of bringing a gun to a sporting event, rather than a felony charge. Police say he wasn't screened properly when he arrived at the arena.

Doesn't say if you can't bring a gun to the game but dropping it in the bathroom was real stupid in my opinion..it could of discharged and shot himself or somebody else. If he had it in his pocket then sounds like too no holster. Not too bright either. Minor news story but could of turned into something more tragic.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Moral of the story is, if you're going to conceal carry, carry it properly in a holster with retention. Sticking it in your pocket (unholstered) is irresponsible and potentially dangerous to you and others around you.

I do have a pocket pistol but the whole holster and gun fits in my pocket as well.
priell3 likes this.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I carry with a belt clip 90% of the time. Going to the rest room has always been a problem. 2 white house ss agents left guns in the rest room. LEO put gun on door stop where it discharge 2 times really embarrassing someone. Have seen guns fall out of holsters also ,some retention holsters are better than others. Responsable CCW is just that. What I needed most at hockey games was ear plugs!!!!!

Last edited by kwo51; 05-07-2015 at 02:24 PM.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Retention holster? No thanks. I have climbed trees, crawled under cars, played football with the kids, been drug by livestock, you name it and my pistol stayed put just fine in a regular IWB holster. I don't need a retention device to jack with when I need my pistol.
priell3 and kwo51 like this.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I'm not talking about one of those holsters where you need to press a lever or undo a snap to release the gun. By "retention" all I mean is a holster that fits your gun snugly. A form fitting holster. Like a girl in yoga pants.

My inexpensive Tagua holsters are retention holsters. You can turn the holster upside down and the gun won't just fall out. It holds your gun securely. Something like this.

oppo and priell3 like this.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Retention holsters are more CYA for LEO's that go hands on.
oppo likes this.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Ah, you mean a proper fitting holster. We are on the same page there. With the one I have, you can even adjust it for "snugness".
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Even the old cowboys had hammer loops on the leather. Keeping gun holstered while working from horse back could be challenging.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Even the old cowboys had hammer loops on the leather. Keeping gun holstered while working from horse back could be challenging.
That'd be awful. Reaching for your equalizer and finding out you lost it on the trail somewhere.
kwo51 likes this.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

If they had not learned to keep hammer down on empty cylinder it would fire when fell.