Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Keep it up Texas

This is a discussion on Keep it up Texas within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Keep it up Texas

HUNTSVILLE, Texas A former South Texas street gang member was executed Thursday evening for his involvement in a gang ambush in which four women were gunned down 11 years ago.

Robert Gene Garza, 30, became the 12th condemned inmate executed this year in Texas, which carries out capital punishment more than any other state.

Eleven year wait was too long in my book.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yeah, death penalty should be immediate IMO..... an Eye 4 an Eye..... it costs about 90,000 dollars a year to house a death row inmate. That's more money than I've made my entire life, kill them and eliminate the cost of housing on death row....
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Next!
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I thought Florida had the best barbecue.Takes to long to execute them , cost is cheaper to keep them in prison for life. 3 years and fry would be good. To bad we just put them to sleep for what they did.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
Next!
Here is the upcoming Texas schedule...you should read their crimes. Robert Garza #504 since 1982.

Death Row Information

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Old 09-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

And we have to wait.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
Here is the upcoming Texas schedule...you should read their crimes. Robert Garza #504 since 1982.

Death Row Information
That's some interesting stuff, thanks for sharing sarge.....
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Was Gilmore the last firing squad participant ? Do they still have firing squad in Texas?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I believe the last person executed by firing squad was Ronnie Lee Gardner by Utah back in 2010. But with the sole company no longer making the lethal drug, current supplies will probably be expiring in the near future. So looks like hanging will be the preferred option. Unless the old electric chair gets dusted off.

Texas once considered the firing squad after some rowdy Redskins fans taunted their beloved Cowboys after beating them in the playoffs...

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Old 09-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
HUNTSVILLE, Texas — A former South Texas street gang member was executed Thursday evening for his involvement in a gang ambush in which four women were gunned down 11 years ago.

Robert Gene Garza, 30, became the 12th condemned inmate executed this year in Texas, which carries out capital punishment more than any other state.

Eleven year wait was too long in my book.
Yep, TX is one of the best. And 11 years is pretty damn quick considering most states. I haven't followed up to see if it happened, but at one time TX was talking about as the Comedian Ron White puts it, putting in an "EXPRESS LANE" on death row, that if there were 3 or more witnesses that visually seen the crime happen and will testify under oath that without any uncertainty whatsoever, that this person committed the crime, they can be put to death shortly after their trial and some other board or court has looked over the evidence in the trial and deemed the trial was fair and on legal protocol and if so, the criminal could be put death within the year of being found guilty.

I like the idea, but how often does a killing take place in front of 3 witnesses? Very rare, unless it is gang shooting. I guess it's possible in a convenience store robbery too, but it would be rare IMO. Most killers don't like having witnesses.

Last edited by hotrodpc; 09-21-2013 at 12:33 PM.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote