Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Off duty MP draws his CCW and shoots thug in the head

This is a discussion on Off duty MP draws his CCW and shoots thug in the head within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
while he has a hostage. Quick Draw Expert: Off Duty Military Cop Pretends To Surrender Then Shoots Robber In The ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Thumbs up Off duty MP draws his CCW and shoots thug in the head

while he has a hostage.

oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Very high risk shot.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

But a good shot none the less.....I practice at the range with a silhouette target holding hostage. The only way to learn correctly is practice and that's not even a guarantee... but my hat goes off to him...
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

The video has been removed by the user..wonder why???..probably due to the anti-gun crowd.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

The good about the shot is that he committed and made the shot. The bad is he did it with one hand and if you saw the video when the shot broke he did not have control of the gun. In my opinion it was a very lucky shot. Fortunately for him and the hostage it worked.

I dry fire 4-5 days a week and live fire practice and competition to the tune of 1k rounds a week. My practice round count is evenly split between freestyle (two hand grip), strong hand, and weak hand. I have a pretty good idea what it takes to make that shot. He got lucky. Outcome was great.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I will take luck anytime.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Rather be lucky than good......
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Luck or not, sometimes, and I do mean sometimes, things just turn out the way they are supposed to with a little help from above. I didn't get to see the video before it came down, but it does certainly sound like a very high risk shot.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I agree, the no gunners people took it down cause a weapon saved a life instead of killing a good person...eat shit PELOSI
Thomas Jefferson