Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

"Price Gauging Ridiculous"

This is a discussion on "Price Gauging Ridiculous" within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
I went to a bunch shops today just to see whats going on and I about shit my pants. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default "Price Gauging Ridiculous"

I went to a bunch shops today just to see whats going on and I about shit my pants. I bought my AR-15 flattop for $699.00 plus tax, the same gun in the same store was asking $1800.00. A roughly 3/4 mark up in price. I have always been treated well there but I could not beleive it. I did not want to offend him about it just we talked for a bit and he was saying that they are not marking up pistol caliber rds but over $1.25 a bullet for.223 and he had none. My buddy just sold 1000 rds for $1000 from his personal stockpile.....
Hes telling me hes not marking things up either but he wants $45.00 for a $15 mag....BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS as Ludacris would say (Rapper)
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yep, price and demand this is the America way.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I really hope things return to somewhat normal assuming no new gun laws get passed. I wanted to build another AR but I'm not about to pay $400-600 for a stripped lower
Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I've been pricing reloading supplies. Most everything is out of stock. People are in panic mode.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I need to check into reloading but I'm way behind the power curve now. People have gone beyond panic mode
Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

So are the s--t heads in DC!!!!!!!
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I'm ramping up a reloading business but stocking it is difficult at the moment. So many distributors are out of bullets and powder. Powder Valley, Grafs, MidwayUSA are all out of a lot of stuff. Things need to normalize in order for me to have things to sell. It's ridiculous. I thought it was just affecting the AR's and some ammo's but it's across the board. Heck Walmart doesn't have any .22 ammo on the shelves.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
I'm ramping up a reloading business but stocking it is difficult at the moment. So many distributors are out of bullets and powder. Powder Valley, Grafs, MidwayUSA are all out of a lot of stuff. Things need to normalize in order for me to have things to sell. It's ridiculous. I thought it was just affecting the AR's and some ammo's but it's across the board. Heck Walmart doesn't have any .22 ammo on the shelves.
Yeah Ive seen that in my area for awhile, Maybe a few shotgun non defense
rds with some kind of Federal JHPs is all I ve seen. Dropped some money on a safe today to lock my shit up all my mags will go into it with most of my ammo and they have to go thru me to getem.....
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
Yeah Ive seen that in my area for awhile, Maybe a few shotgun non defense
rds with some kind of Federal JHPs is all I ve seen. Dropped some money on a safe today to lock my shit up all my mags will go into it with most of my ammo and they have to go thru me to getem.....
Good move. Having a safe gives you a very secure feeling. Keep all your weapons (except the one at your side) and valuables in it. Important papers etc. Just don't go off and forget to lock it. Dang thing doesn't do a bit of good that way. It's just an expensive shelf if you forget to spin the dial.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
Good move. Having a safe gives you a very secure feeling. Keep all your weapons (except the one at your side) and valuables in it. Important papers etc. Just don't go off and forget to lock it. Dang thing doesn't do a bit of good that way. It's just an expensive shelf if you forget to spin the dial.
I freak out when noones home....
Thomas Jefferson