Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

S. Carolina cop charged with murder

This is a discussion on S. Carolina cop charged with murder within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
South Carolina officer charged with murder - CNN.com I have watched this video and read the aftermath...it shows him tasering ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default S. Carolina cop charged with murder

South Carolina officer charged with murder - CNN.com

I have watched this video and read the aftermath...it shows him tasering the guy and then firing 7-8 rounds in his back but the cop claimed the suspect grabbed his taser first...I feel you better have a good lawyer buddy because the evidence looks pretty clear.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Stress filled action does not always work the way we think it should. Prayers for both families.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Think this officer will be doing some time.....and a lot of it. Think he will be the "poster child" for cops who kill w/o justification!
I wouldn't want to be a cop these days.....
doublestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

CNN is playing the video over and over and over again. I believe they are trying to start another riot.

And yes, according to the video, the cop is toast. And should be. The victim was running away from him. IMO he'll be lucky if he doesn't get the death penalty.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Not supporting this cop yet. A fleeing felon can be stopped with lethal force. Broken tail light is a little less dangerous. There will be riots because home boy needs a new TV.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Not supporting this cop yet. A fleeing felon can be stopped with lethal force. Broken tail light is a little less dangerous. There will be riots because home boy needs a new TV.
This may be true. Specially for a known violent criminal. The warrant for this guy was failure to pay child support. I would like to think if I were the cop I'd refrain from shooting him in the back and call in an APB to look for him. He wasn't going far without his car.

I do have a question about why the guy was tasered in the first place. Had he been resisting arrest prior to the video and this got the cops adrenaline pumping? A little more to the story but not sure it justifies shooting him in the back.

Have to wait and see what the investigation comes up with.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

By tomorrow I am sure Jackson and Sharpton will be in town with their bull horns once again stirring up the masses. The police chief said the officer in question has been fired but that is the least of his problems..I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Won't last long in prison .
Old 04-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Administrator

I have been following this since I saw it yesterday morning, and I have heard that the Police department is charging him with murder and the death penalty was an option. I have seen the video and it is a pretty clear picture of what happened. I also heard this morning that even if the felon flees the cop does NOT have the right to use deadly force as the supreme court ruled on that years ago as being not an option. The cop could have chased him down, could have called back-up, hell could have let him go since he already had the car and could find his address from the records. Deadly force was not an option that the cop had in this instance and what he did was excessive force and uncalled for in something as minor as a routine traffic stop.
oppo likes this.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Not sure of that being ruled on in the SCOTUS. Will research later. Moving the taser way be the whole case.

Last edited by kwo51; 04-09-2015 at 06:15 PM.