Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Starbucks has caved under pressure

This is a discussion on Starbucks has caved under pressure within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Not that I went there anyway. Original thread: No more guns welcome at Starbucks!...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Starbucks has caved under pressure

Not that I went there anyway.

Original thread: No more guns welcome at Starbucks!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I have not been welcome there for almost a year now. Hope they go out of business.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

My wife goes there quite regular but never enters the store. I don't see anything pertaining to the drive thru. I'd rather not give them our money anymore. We as responsible gun owners should stand together and hit these businesses where it hurts
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I like the places that put signs up that say" concealed weapons are welcome, just keep them concealed" is a sign at a business by my house..lol... if your in Starbucks take your weapon in there, there's nothing they can do, its concealed!!! And if someone sees you printing all they can do is ask you to leave. Its not an offense unless its a no carry place written in the laws of your state u live in........
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

They are trying to play both sides of the field. Trying to make money from both sides.

I don't go there more than a couple times a year, but the most recent times I have made it a point to thank them for respecting the individual's right to self defense.

It's okay; any kind of coffee that they make there I can make at home. Espresso is not a complex process.

Some of the drinks are just funny.
Americano: you realize you just paid them an extra dollar to water down your espresso?

Starbucks is to coffee what McDonalds is to food, with an extra helping of pretentious.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
STF
Full Access Member

SON OF A BITCH! These little open carry demonstrations aren't really helping out cause any.

I wish there was a Dunkin closer than 44.17 miles away from me.
STF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

This new starbucks policy isnt really all that onerous when you read it.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Some of the pro carry demonstrations went "over the top". They were carrying AR's and shotguns etc. into the store thumbing their nose at the anti's. Well it came back to bite them (us). Some people took it to the extreme and showed their butts and basically forced Starbucks hand.

SB is still riding the fence as best they can. They've respectfully requested that people don't open carry there but won't enforce anything if they do. It's a prickly situation for them to be in trying to make everyone happy which can't be done.

About the only time I've been in a SB is in DC and you can't even carry an empty shell casing there so it hasn't been a problem.
http://practicaltacticalpodcast.com/starbucks/

Last edited by SilvrSRT10; 09-18-2013 at 07:17 PM.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

To us in the Seattle metro area Howard Schultz can go screw himself. The biggest complaint is when he sold the Seattle Sonics to that snake charmer and moved them to OKC a few years later. Schultz knew full well what OKC was up to but simply took the money and stuck it in his pocket and forgot about the 42 years of tradition. I have been in Starbucks maybe three times..simply to use their bathrooms...making sure I stink it up and leave. I hope more and more gun owners boycott his stinkin' coffee shops and stay away for good. I for one haven't and will never give him one dime of my money.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I will do all I can to see them run out of town. They are proud supporters of gay pride. That is the downfall of this country. If you question this look how many males are giving birth!
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote