Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News

News

Terrorist attack French magazine

This is a discussion on Terrorist attack French magazine within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
PARIS — Twelve people were killed Wednesday when masked gunmen armed with AK-47s attacked the offices of a French satirical ...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Terrorist attack French magazine

PARIS — Twelve people were killed Wednesday when masked gunmen armed with AK-47s attacked the offices of a French satirical news magazine which has published cartoons of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad.

France raised its terror threat level following the attack at the central Paris building housing weekly Charlie Hebdo and stepped up security for media organizations, large stores and places of worship.

Two police officers were among the dead and at least three suspects remained at large hours after the attack, which occurred at 11:30 a.m. local time (5:30 a.m. ET). Four other people were critically injured.

"We will find the people who did this," French President Francois Hollande said. "France is today shocked by this terrorist attack."

Shocked yes..but not surprised by the way Muslims and their ways of live have taken over the politics of European countries and how spineless government leaders are afraid to offend or say anything negative about Muslims within their borders..gee that sounds like our very own Obama.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris - NBC News
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

What part of we are at war with muslins does the world not understand?
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I am really surprised they are calling it a "terrorist attack"..I was figuring they would call it more like an isolated attack by some misguided young men..latest is they have identified the shooters.
oppo likes this.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
What part of we are at war with muslins does the world not understand?
Frankly, statements like this are ignorant and lazy.

That's as short-sighted as blaming all gun-owners for gun violence; or all Christians for The Inquisition. It's the simplest thing to see the world in black and white, or us versus them. But that does more harm than good. A little critical thinking goes a long way.

Judge a man by his character, not by his mythology.

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

That is what I did!!!!!!!! Islam is the devil and we are at war with them . Wake up and smell the roses!!!! Mythology will kill you. The war has been waged against anybody that does not believe like them . Only the real slow or the pacifist will resit it. Hold on to your head.

Last edited by kwo51; 01-07-2015 at 07:59 PM.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Oh, I'm awake.

You do realize that these "Islamic devils" are praying to the same god that you do.

I hope they catch the bastards that performed this attack and wish they would hang them high. But I refuse to blame an entire theology for the crimes of a few radicals.

dR
Old 01-07-2015, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Actually, the theology is very much the problem. The Quran absolutely does preach violence. There are many passages commanding it's followers to wage war and kill non-believers. That is a fact, plain and simple.

Now, before you say there are similar verses in the bible, do your homework on the sermon on the mount and realize that the laws of the old testament no longer apply.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I am not debating that there are verses in the Quran that preach violence. And I am not proclaiming or defending the religion of Islam. But there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world that are living peacefully right alongside other religions.
And just as it is wrong to condemn all Christians for the inquisition, or to blame all gun owners for gun violence; it is also wrong to declare war against a religion when the vast majority of it's followers are peaceful.

dR
Old 01-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

My problem is that they aren't wearing a uniform. They don't wear a "M" for moderate or "R" for radical. So I'm suspect of all of them. How many stories have we heard of them living amongst us and all of a sudden going berserk? But this too goes for just about anybody who, all of a sudden snaps and goes on a rampage. It's not just a Muslim exclusive. Although Muslims go berserk in the name of their religion whereas others just go berserk.

Situational awareness people. Fortunately we still have the ability to defend ourselves. Stay vigilant my friends.