Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > News



News

Why the Second Amendment?


This is a discussion on Why the Second Amendment? within the News forums, part of the General Weapons category!
...


Like Tree11Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 07:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
priell3's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tioga County, PA
Age: 58
Posts: 852
Default Why the Second Amendment?

Why the Second Amendment?

By Anna L. Stark

Once again and on cue, the gun-control zealots are calling for the repeal of the Second Amendment. Former Supreme Court justice John Paul Stevens parroted the gun-grabber narrative in his recently published New York Times article: "[t]he demonstrators should seek more effective and lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment." He further bloviates that the Second is a relic of the 18th century. It's a sorry state of affairs when a Supreme Court justice who was tasked with upholding the U.S. Constitution including the Bill of Rights must be reminded why the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. You'd think a constitutional scholar would know these things. It's also proof positive that advanced age and wisdom are not necessarily synonymous.

The Bill of Rights Institute provides an excellent brief background on the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution. Simply put and stated eloquently, "[t]he Bill of Rights is a list of limits on government power." Unfortunately, not only are there those in favor of surrendering their Second Amendment right, but these same people believe that government forces are incapable of oppression, subversion, coercion, or any number of other forms of tyranny. My advice to this particular group of nave, nattering nabobs? Pick up any American history book and revisit why America's Founding Fathers were familiar with government oppression they lived it, and many gave their lives fighting it. As history has shown time and time again, tyrants conquer the populace by instilling fear. They rely on killing or sinister threats of harm and injury to control the masses. Heinous killing sprees and wretched oppression of the citizenry are the result of a people unable to defend themselves.

Naysayers and doubters are quick to counter with claims that nothing of the sort could happen in the 21st century. History proves otherwise. A quick review of the 13 most monstrous tyrants of the 20th century will reveal one thing in common: hundreds of millions of dead people who were hopelessly unable to rise up with arms and overthrow their oppressors. In most cases, outside forces and circumstances were required to bring each of these dictators to an inglorious end, but not before millions were sacrificed, state resources and treasuries looted, and generations of survivors beaten down to pathetic shells of human beings. A third-generation dictator still lords it over North Korea, aided and abetted by a 21st-century media machine that would make Adolf Hitler's minister of propaganda, Joseph Goebbels, proud. An excellent accounting of exactly how Hitler disarmed an unsuspecting German public can be found in Stephen P. Halbrook's book, Gun Control in the Third Reich: Disarming the Jews and "Enemies of the State." There's no need to rehash the history of Germany's most notorious monster and the atrocity that occurred not only in Germany, but all across Europe. In fact, Mr. Halbrook's book ought to be on the required reading list in all American high school civics classes.

Categorically and in harsh condemnation of Justice Steven's opinion, the Second Amendment is by no means an 18th-century relic. Far from it. The Second Amendment ensures that people elected to public office uphold their sworn oath to defend the U.S. Constitution and abide by the Bill of Rights. Without the Second Amendment, how easy would it be for someone or a group of people opposing democracy to usurp the American government? Do the words "fundamental transformation" ring a bell?

Keep in mind that a slick and sophisticated media machine is already in place and operates as the progressive liberal purveyor of propaganda. It is not simply a coincidence that the group of people who are working feverishly to rescind the Second Amendment are the same group of people opposed to free speech. They demand stifling regulation (suppression) of media outlets opposed to their agenda. They have recruited moneyed supporters willing to expend millions of dollars in order to achieve their nefarious goal divesting law-abiding citizens of their firearms.

Constitutional preservationist speaker and author Michael Badnarik put it bluntly: "[t]he Second Amendment is our emergency cut-off switch for a government run amok." I agree.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz5B8exGU3N
oppo likes this.
__________________
MikeP
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
priell3's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tioga County, PA
Age: 58
Posts: 852
Default

President Trump says Second Amendment won't be repealed



Pres. Trump says Second Amendment won't be repealed | WETM-TV
oppo likes this.
__________________
MikeP
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
SilvrSRT10's Avatar
Super Moderator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,241
Default

A drunk driver kills someone - It's the drivers fault.
Someone builds a bomb and set it off - It's the bomb builders fault.
Some crazy person commits a mass shooting - It's the guns fault.

Someone please explain this logic to me. It does not compute for me.
oppo likes this.
__________________
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
#860's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego,Ca.
Age: 72
Posts: 409
Default

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
A drunk driver kills someone - It's the drivers fault.
Someone builds a bomb and set it off - It's the bomb builders fault.
Some crazy person commits a mass shooting - It's the guns fault.

Someone please explain this logic to me. It does not compute for me.
I think you exlained it very well, it's the agenda your missing.
SilvrSRT10 and oppo like this.
__________________
U.S. Army Vet.
Nam 67-68 Tet
Sergeant E-5

Greed & corruption is the norm.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
SilvrSRT10's Avatar
Super Moderator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,241
Default

Originally Posted by #860 View Post
I think you exlained it very well, it's the agenda your missing.
Oh I recognize the agenda. I have a feeling of how it's going to play out. It's all these useful idiots screaming for gun control that can't see that they're being manipulated like puppets by the media and government. They're doing exactly what their masters want them to do.

Like I've said before in another thread, the 2nd amendment's life's time is limited. If the current mindset continues to grow (I don't see anything to stop it), It's just a matter of time these people will vote away a right. Then other rights will be in jeopardy.
#860, oppo and priell3 like this.
__________________
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
#860's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego,Ca.
Age: 72
Posts: 409
Default

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
Oh I recognize the agenda. I have a feeling of how it's going to play out. It's all these useful idiots screaming for gun control that can't see that they're being manipulated like puppets by the media and government. They're doing exactly what their masters want them to do.

Like I've said before in another thread, the 2nd amendment's life's time is limited. If the current mindset continues to grow (I don't see anything to stop it), It's just a matter of time these people will vote away a right. Then other rights will be in jeopardy.
I hear you man, i feel the same way, they think the government is going to protect, and tuck them in at night, and the media is selling it. Like it or not, Trump has thrown a wrench into the works of the government system, and that is one reason they want him out. I like the shake up, because it is the first time some of these people in government are afraid of losing their jobs. He is doing what he said he was going to do if elected, and they are fighting it any way they can.
SilvrSRT10, oppo and priell3 like this.
__________________
U.S. Army Vet.
Nam 67-68 Tet
Sergeant E-5

Greed & corruption is the norm.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
SilvrSRT10's Avatar
Super Moderator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,241
Default

Originally Posted by #860 View Post
I hear you man, i feel the same way, they think the government is going to protect, and tuck them in at night, and the media is selling it. Like it or not, Trump has thrown a wrench into the works of the government system, and that is one reason they want him out. I like the shake up, because it is the first time some of these people in government are afraid of losing their jobs. He is doing what he said he was going to do if elected, and they are fighting it any way they can.
I love the fact that we now have a businessman in the oval office instead of a politician. I want him to "cut the fat" out of government and run it like a business. He still has a long road ahead.

My fear is that with his "high school" mentality with the way he Tweets over anything little thing said about him could cost him in the next election. If the liberals should get back into the White House they will try to quickly undo everything he just accomplished and we'll be right back where we started.

Trump has made some noise about Bump stocks and age limits etc. He's ruffled some feathers concerning the 2nd Amendment but hasn't acted on anything yet. And I really hope he doesn't.
__________________
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
#860's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego,Ca.
Age: 72
Posts: 409
Default

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
I love the fact that we now have a businessman in the oval office instead of a politician. I want him to "cut the fat" out of government and run it like a business. He still has a long road ahead.

My fear is that with his "high school" mentality with the way he Tweets over anything little thing said about him could cost him in the next election. If the liberals should get back into the White House they will try to quickly undo everything he just accomplished and we'll be right back where we started.

Trump has made some noise about Bump stocks and age limits etc. He's ruffled some feathers concerning the 2nd Amendment but hasn't acted on anything yet. And I really hope he doesn't.
He tweets because it takes the power of the media away from them, he is draining the swamp, the people need to get behind him to make it work, he was voted in for a reason. United we stand.
__________________
U.S. Army Vet.
Nam 67-68 Tet
Sergeant E-5

Greed & corruption is the norm.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
priell3's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tioga County, PA
Age: 58
Posts: 852
Default

__________________
MikeP
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
SilvrSRT10's Avatar
Super Moderator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,241
Default

Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
And here I was thinking the sale of heroin was already against the law. Well if it isn't, it should be.
__________________
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On