Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > State Laws

State Laws

Democrats Seek to Ban Hunting Ammunition in Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Democrats Seek to Ban Hunting Ammunition in Wisconsin within the State Laws forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Yeah,how did that saddam guy end up?LOL...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yeah,how did that saddam guy end up?LOL
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by moodster View Post
Yeah,how did that saddam guy end up?LOL
He ended up something like this....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IRAQ_SADDAM_sff_BAG127_20061230043850.jpg (27.4 KB, 37 views)
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Administrator

The Geneva Convention was a nice idea as long as everyone is playing by those rules.... but anyway.... I do not believe I have ever seen a non FMJ in the service, but I have seen a few variants on those FMJ's. Either the regular 5.56 rounds or the tracers. But I think the funnest FMJ I saw was the 22mm Bradley round.... maim nothing. That round will kill what ever it hits, if its flesh.

The people trying to ban the Hollow point rounds are as bout as knowledgable about bullets as they are about the particulars of Astrophysics. If something sounds dangerous then, by god, it must be bad and people can not have that. What they truely fail to relize is this. Those people that use those rounds know exactly what they were made for!! And if you guys remember that post that was put up here some time back about the morgue guy talking about how an FMJ can flatten out and a Hollow point can go right through a person..... Well it does depend on what you hit but the odds are more in favor of the hollow point flattening out then that FMJ.

But it seems to be just to much to ask that our elected officials actually look up what they are trying to ban and actually have any brain cells. They can spout off the tired old song about "Evil, Evil, EVIL weapons" but we know that it is not that 9mm's fault or that AR-15. Its the scumbag that is firing into the crowd that is evil.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Full Access Member

556 tumble and ak47's lose stability at about 300 yards. Shotguns were used in Viet Nam . Nato is only for the honest warring nations. BS, the nukes on japan were pretty ruff. Making war safer is stupid, lets just not go.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default we are way off topic...but

The soviets found a nice little way around the FMJ stipulation of the Hague when they developed the bullet design of the 5.45x39mm round for the AK-74 series.
The actual bullet is flat-nosed, while the jacket continues to a point. This creates a small air-pocket between the bullet body and the jacket. When the high velocty round makes contact with flesh, the jacket collapses into the void and usually peels away from the bullet, effectively creating a hollow point and often another wound channel as the jacket goes one direction and the rest of the projectile goes another.

I've also seen gel tests where the thinner jacket of 5.56mm FMJs shed as they make contact, sending bits of copper jacket spiralling off in all directions.

Years ago, I saw a PBS program where they showed super slow motion video fo alll types of projectiles in gelatin, some with bones analogs included. The video of fletchette rounds hitting bone and bending as they continued thru made my skin crawl.

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Full Access Member

556 tumble and ak47's lose stability at about 300 yards
All bullets tumble when they hit flesh. It's physics. Since the base of a spitzer type bullet is heavier than the pointy tip, the base retains more inertia and will trade places with the front.
oppo likes this.

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Super Moderator

How about we make warfare fair, and rewrite the Geneva Convention, or simply add to it, you can't use IED's. ??? Yes true, The Geneva Convention is only good for the nations who participate. Torture isn't tolerated either. But is waterboarding torture? Some say yes, some say No. No it's not putting needles in your eyeballs or burning your balls with a cattle prod, but it is obviously a technique used to persuade whether it be torture or not is another issue. So there you go, you can get around all of it if you really wanted to.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

castrate 'em. they wont have the ballz to fark with nobody...

SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default Another important reason for using FMJ ammo

in military guns. They feed better into the firing chamber.
otasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Police actions are not war,just political tag games played with bullets,and the cream of our youth. Old men getting young men (and now women ) killed.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote