Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Defense Training

Defense Training

Self defense shooting verse ass wiping.

This is a discussion on Self defense shooting verse ass wiping. within the Defense Training forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Some of us here are older and may not allow an ass wiping.Would you shoot quicker to protect family than ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default Self defense shooting verse ass wiping.

Some of us here are older and may not allow an ass wiping.Would you shoot quicker to protect family than your self ? When should you stop shooting? I have asked myself all these questions and wonder how you all would respond? Would you as a no leo try to stop a felony from happening or retreat.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sure I would put myself more at risk to protect my family. How many rounds? Prolly three minimum...empty the clip if it was a big mofo and he had a weapon and raising/pointing at me! As for stopping a felon, it would depend on the situation and whether $100 or a shootout and potential for loss off life would occur. Until your put in a situation, I think it's hard to say. i just know one thing....protect #1!
doublestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Fire until the threat is eliminated. Reassessment after each couple rounds is of course necessary.
blockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Better hurry and buy some munchies ,before they are gone. Sounds like Was. and Colorado are going up in smoke. Also sounds like we are on the same page with our skill set.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Some of us here are older and may not allow an ass wiping.Would you shoot quicker to protect family than your self ? When should you stop shooting? I have asked myself all these questions and wonder how you all would respond? Would you as a no leo try to stop a felony from happening or retreat.
I thought about some of the same things the other day....
Would I really want to shoot someone and live with the decision I made over my empty wallet. It's to be decided upon the threat level!
Would I shoot to protect my family.....I can only pray my finger could keep up with my brain saying Shoot, shoot, shoot!!!
His actions will tell me when to stop.
I am not a leo but I am VERRRYYYY protective of all people and property around me...would I try to stop a felony from happening, depends...Just "breaking and entering" into a closed business, call the police and moniter the situation . Assult or armed robbery...pray Im the better marksman.
When you watch the news you have to ask your self "what would I do in that situation" but when the shit hits the fan will you be able to make the same decision.
Fastfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

When the fit hits the shan, you will do exactly what you have trained and prepared to do - including nothing.
blockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

When the sh-- hits the fan I'm looking for big solid objects to get behind.Calling all my friends with crew served weapons.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Training and mindset of what is happening is the only way.

Last edited by GLOCK V; 02-22-2013 at 06:04 PM.
GLOCK V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have been fortunate that I only had to draw my weapon once since I have been CCing. A punk brought a knife to a gun fight. He was about 10 feet away from me when I saw the blade at his side. I pulled the glock 30 out and told him not to come any closer or its gonna be a bad day for him. I warned him to stop and he must have been high, he just turned around and started walking away. I am very thankful that nothing happened... 20 feet is to close for someone with a knife. You are gonna get cut if they are charging you before you can draw so I have worked with a friend (former army ranger) on how to get the knife away while drawing my weapon and gain control of the situation.....Just thought I would share.... Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. If you shoot once and they turn in retreat, the threat has been neutralized and it would do you good not to fire any more rounds and call 911 and your lawyer. It's obviously a self defense scenario but its very hard to prove self defense when someone has several rounds in their back. Place your weapon away from your person, stand on it if you have to. "I was in fear of serious injury or death" for yourself or whomever you are defending should be your first words to any LEO that arrives on the scene. Remember, "serious bodily injury or death". I will shoot to defend myself, my family, and anyone around me...but threat recognition and knowledge of your laws are the main things. It's easy to say "I'll shoot anyone that enters my house unwelcome" but a lot harder to defend. I know in TN, you can't use deadly force to protect personal property unless as I said before, the bad guy gives you reason to believe he might want to cause serious injury or death to you or your family. Threads like these are great for second guessing yourself and self evaluation, but what I consider even more important is knowing laws of your state. Anyway, I'm not a lawyer, but I have played one on tv, and I'm no one to give anyone else legal advice