Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Defense Training

Defense Training

Self defense shooting verse ass wiping.

This is a discussion on Self defense shooting verse ass wiping. within the Defense Training forums, part of the Education & Training category!
If hes in your house uninvited hes not there for tea. Don't shot him or her in the back....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

If hes in your house uninvited hes not there for tea. Don't shot him or her in the back.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Self defense shooting verse ass wiping.

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
If hes in your house uninvited hes not there for tea. Don't shot him or her in the back.
I'm just telling you how TN law reads. Although I agree with you
Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by KKing View Post
You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. If you shoot once and they turn in retreat, the threat has been neutralized and it would do you good not to fire any more rounds and call 911 and your lawyer. It's obviously a self defense scenario but its very hard to prove self defense when someone has several rounds in their back. Place your weapon away from your person, stand on it if you have to. "I was in fear of serious injury or death" for yourself or whomever you are defending should be your first words to any LEO that arrives on the scene. Remember, "serious bodily injury or death". I will shoot to defend myself, my family, and anyone around me...but threat recognition and knowledge of your laws are the main things. It's easy to say "I'll shoot anyone that enters my house unwelcome" but a lot harder to defend. I know in TN, you can't use deadly force to protect personal property unless as I said before, the bad guy gives you reason to believe he might want to cause serious injury or death to you or your family. Threads like these are great for second guessing yourself and self evaluation, but what I consider even more important is knowing laws of your state. Anyway, I'm not a lawyer, but I have played one on tv, and I'm no one to give anyone else legal advice
I know an attorney who specialties in firearms law are also represents lawful deadly force who gave me a fold up card of the what and what not to say and his phone number on it. I have copy in my car and wallet...
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Self defense shooting verse ass wiping.

Originally Posted by Concealed 27 View Post
I know an attorney who specialties in firearms law are also represents lawful deadly force who gave me a fold up card of the what and what not to say and his phone number on it. I have copy in my car and wallet...
Awesome idea man
Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Its easier to have legal stuff in order in case something happens. The case in Florida vs Josh Simerman he is testing the stand your ground law and the family has said that he's probably gonna get off and then they will go civil court and sue for wrongful death ..........messed up.....
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
STF
Full Access Member

I always avoid confrontation if at all possible. If that's not possible I would act exactly the same when protecting just me or when protecting my family. The way I see it is it would be almost just as bad for them to lose me as it would for me to lose either of them.
STF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Did you tell him to stop in spanish? How with lots of illegals out for lack of money to keep them, it will be open season on us. Use sigh language double tap +1.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I live alone - and any home invader here in VT will get at least five shots of +p+ 115gr JHP 9mms.
otasan is offline   Reply With Quote