Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Defense Training

Defense Training

Weapons Training and you?

This is a discussion on Weapons Training and you? within the Defense Training forums, part of the Education & Training category!
I for one and a major advocate for safety training when it comes to firearms of any kind. I think ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Administrator

Default Weapons Training and you?

I for one and a major advocate for safety training when it comes to firearms of any kind. I think that the more you know, the safer you become. I am curious to see what other peoples opinion are in this matter. As I said for me personally, safety first.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Safety 1st without a doubt . My training started when I was very very young, at home in the basement with a BB gun shooting range my Dad set up. We had very strong rules to follow and supervision . He had us join the NRA and do the qualifying program for for 15 ft BB guns.. I got to the distinguished expert level ans NRA certificates where given .. I still have mine in a frame
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Administrator

I have a friend that is also an NRA member. He told me about some competions that they do. It sounded like fun, and if I remember right, you could do Pistols, Shotguns, and rifles. That is if I remember right.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

The NRA Standard for Firearms is Attitude first, you must have a positive Attitude towards firearms, you must believe that Firearms themselves are not evil, Once you have the Attitude, then you must gain the Knowledge, for you will never gain a useful knowledge of something you are afraid of. Once you gain the Knowledge, then you must use that knowledge to develop your skill. Once you have the skill, you will look for more knowledge to improve your skill. I am an NRA Member, I am an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor. I promote the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program.http://www.nrahq.org/education/train...ook.pdf#page=8
TacticalAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by TacticalAdvantage View Post
The NRA Standard for Firearms is Attitude first, you must have a positive Attitude towards firearms, you must believe that Firearms themselves are not evil, Once you have the Attitude, then you must gain the Knowledge, for you will never gain a useful knowledge of something you are afraid of. Once you gain the Knowledge, then you must use that knowledge to develop your skill. Once you have the skill, you will look for more knowledge to improve your skill. I am an NRA Member, I am an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor. I promote the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program.http://www.nrahq.org/education/train...ook.pdf#page=8

Good info .... ..... Now how do I get all those patches and medals .... I only have the certificates from way back when ?????

Last edited by VIPR PWR HK; 09-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.
VIPR PWR HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

What not to do .... Put a gun in the hands of someone like these people ! WTF is right ! There is a reason for training !
http://youtu.be/HXfg5o1ZVq4

Last edited by VIPR PWR HK; 10-02-2012 at 04:50 PM.
VIPR PWR HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

As an NRA Instructor, I definitely believe in Safety first! I continually train myself and work on safety constantly.

I teach about 750 people annually at work, and get critiqued that we should shorten the course for those that have been through it already. The answer from my boss is always a resounding "NO". We go over safety, shooting fundamentals, and shooting positions and then the shooters get a range safety briefing again in the classroom, and another reminder at the range.

Safety, safety, safety...

I index so much, that I automatically index on the gun controller from my Playstation 3!

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP
Springfield XD-s Single-Stack .45
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sixtyin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Do you think She has been trained somewhat !

http://youtu.be/K8nda8yPNbI
Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by VIPR PWR HK View Post
What not to do .... Put a gun in the hands of someone like these people ! WTF is right ! There is a reason for training !
http://youtu.be/HXfg5o1ZVq4
It's video exactly like this that I was talking about on another thread. These women were set up for injury. The guys behind the camera knew exactly what was going to happen. It's NOT funny to knowingly set someone up to hurt themselves. You don't start someone out with the biggest, baddest, hardest hitting gun. You work them up to it IF they want to get that advanced. They first must get comfortable shooting lesser weapons. Stupidity gone wild in that video.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by VIPR PWR HK View Post
Do you think She has been trained somewhat !

http://youtu.be/K8nda8yPNbI
A little!

The description says it's her first time with that gun, but it is by no means her first time with a gun.

There are some other videos there with her shooting... the BFG is nice!

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP
Springfield XD-s Single-Stack .45
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sixtyin5 is offline   Reply With Quote