Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Defense Training

Defense Training

Who else here exercises with a view to becoming more lethal?

This is a discussion on Who else here exercises with a view to becoming more lethal? within the Defense Training forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Who else here exercises with an eye to making yourself more lethal with your firearms? Below is this week for ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bluez

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Who else here exercises with a view to becoming more lethal?

Who else here exercises with an eye to making yourself more lethal with your firearms?
Below is this week for me.. which is fairly typical, about, myself Army Vet in beginning middle age who works a desk job:

So this week not too bad yet.
Monday : Run... a bit of a breakthrough run a lot faster than usually.. finally more of a run rather than a mere jog..
Tuesday: Solid Iron Pump. Focused on upper body only.. which is rare for me but I was in the mood for it and I view this workout as mostly my "weapons handler":
-Bent over rows (w/ the pad to hold you up by the chest): 3 heavy sets to muscle failure
-Sit-ups: oneset to just short of the cramp up point
-Standing military dumbbell press: 2 sets (40 lbs each dumbell)
-Incline bench Dumbell press: 2 sets (50lbs each dumbell))
- Flat bench Dumbell press 2 sets (60 lbs each dumbell)
- Lateral raises: 3 sets
- Frontal raises: 3 sets
- Weird should rotational shoulder exercise I made up myself but have been later told is a wrestling exercise: 3 sets
- Shooting exercise: Self invented.. am holding 2 dumbbells, (only 5 lbs each as I am really spent at this point) , face one way w/ hands down in patrol ready.. turn head, body, "weapon" bringing up the weights in front of me inline w/ each other like a rifle.. is basically a modified form of the frontal raise..... repeat the other direction... do unto failure= 1 set. Did 2 sets. When I was done my shoulder were so blown I struggled to park my truck despite powersteering... was totally beat.

Wednesday: Today, a run.. also nicely faster than I did in recent months tho not quite as quick as Monday.. (was angry on monday)
Tommorrow: I will do a ruck march or take day off not sure yet.
Friday: Run
Saturday: full body iron pump IF I can squeeze it in before I go shooting at a buddy's range at noon (its a full hour drive to his house and my gym doesnt open until 9). Wont be able to show off much in shooting if I am totally beat ..but its excellent training in its own right to shoot when physically totally exhausted as this is what you will be when fighting enemies foreign or domestic)
SilvrSRT10 and oppo like this.

Last edited by Bluez; 03-28-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Not sure we are keeping our training logs thread.. But I'll reengage.
Been good with exercising last few weeks,.. 4-6 exercises a week.
Runs, ruck marches and functional iron pumps.

Been doing this for a while now so am finally gotten in the shape to work out hard.

Today's workout was this (however...):

3 sets close arm pull ups
3 sets dips
3 sets wide arm lat pulls
1 set sit ups
2 sets bent over rows
3 sets frontal raises
3 sets lateral raises
3 time farmers walk
2 sets back extensions.

All this in under 40 minutes.

After my last set of last exercise I nearly passed out.
Maybe because i dont usually do both farmers walk and back extensions in rapid succession.. usually its either/or for the day not both.

And when I say nearly passed out I mean this quite literal.
I was real dizzy and at one point my vision even started greying and i struggled to stand.

but I have no regrets shows me I am hitting it hard
Old Today, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

More power to you and I can appreciate your dedication. I installed an 18x8 garage door and opener yesterday and it's all I could do to get back in the truck when I was done. I hope the humidity isn't as thick where you are as it is here. It's difficult to breath some times. It's like there's no air in the air.

Anyhow, that's my long winded way of saying I'm not into exercise. Once I get home my body doesn't feel like doing anything else. You sir, are a machine.