Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > NFA/Class 3 & FFL

NFA/Class 3 & FFL

FFL Licenses

This is a discussion on FFL Licenses within the NFA/Class 3 & FFL forums, part of the General Weapons category!
So how does one go about getting there own FFL Licenese? Is there any restrictions on usage or lack of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default FFL Licenses

So how does one go about getting there own FFL Licenese? Is there any restrictions on usage or lack of usage?
reefguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have a personal friend that is going through the process for his business and he told me he had to put up $5000 and was told 3-5 years before he gets his license. Not sure if he was pulling my leg but.....
Dr_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Do you want to open shop? Just make it easier for you to purchase guns? If you want to actually buy and sell firearms then yeah, you'll need the FFL. If you just want an easier way to buy guns for yourself then a CCW is the way to go. No more pesky permits to process. Just show the guy behind the counter your CCW and walk out with just about anything you want. (excludes class 3 weapons)
Old 11-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
I have a personal friend that is going through the process for his business and he told me he had to put up $5000 and was told 3-5 years before he gets his license. Not sure if he was pulling my leg but.....

Lol... that's crazy!

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/become-an-ffl.html

Are you planning on opening a storefront?

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR
BrothersInArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

not really opening a store front just want to bealbe to have guns shipped straight to me instead of going thru a store, then maybe eventually open a store down the road.
reefguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by reefguy89 View Post
not really opening a store front just want to bealbe to have guns shipped straight to me instead of going thru a store, then maybe eventually open a store down the road.
The odds are not in your favor. The purpose of the FFL is not to sell guns to yourself.
Mike Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by reefguy89 View Post
Probably not going to happen. It's REALLY tough to get a FFL for your home address. I don't think it's worth the trouble if you're not going to use it to make money... it's kind of a pain in the ass. Just my opinion.

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR
BrothersInArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hello, this is me first post, so please be kind. A customer introduced me to the forum and I'm sure I will enjoy the time on the site. Well as an FFL with the 7 designation (firearms manufacture) I know the process and procedures of obtaining an FFL. First go to your local government and see if there are any restrictions. If not go on line to the ATF site and find the application. There is a fee to submit. It's not 5000.00. The yearly SOT (special occupational tax) for class 2 weapons is 500.00 or 1000.00 depending on your yearly sales. Once submitted you WILL have a meeting with the ATF. It's a time to go through your application and train you on paperwork. Please feel free to ask any questions.
TopGunArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Administrator

Originally Posted by TopGunArms View Post
Hello, this is me first post, so please be kind. A customer introduced me to the forum and I'm sure I will enjoy the time on the site. Well as an FFL with the 7 designation (firearms manufacture) I know the process and procedures of obtaining an FFL. First go to your local government and see if there are any restrictions. If not go on line to the ATF site and find the application. There is a fee to submit. It's not 5000.00. The yearly SOT (special occupational tax) for class 2 weapons is 500.00 or 1000.00 depending on your yearly sales. Once submitted you WILL have a meeting with the ATF. It's a time to go through your application and train you on paperwork. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Welcome aboard me be the one that invited you. This guy here knows his stuff and was very helpful for me and VJ when we got our firearms from him.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

True or False? If you have a FFL, the ATF can visit you anytime to inspect your weapons?