Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Competition

Competition

New hardware on order for next year.

This is a discussion on New hardware on order for next year. within the Competition forums, part of the General Weapons category!
My wife and I starting shooting USPSA in July/August 2013. We both shoot G34's in the Limited class. The guns ...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default New hardware on order for next year.

My wife and I starting shooting USPSA in July/August 2013. We both shoot G34's in the Limited class. The guns have been flawless. Combined round count between the two is north of 40k, still on the factory barrels. Well we are both enjoying it so much we have decided to step up to the big leagues and order custom guns. The wife is going to shoot open and I am going to continue in Limited until I make at least a Master ranking. We recently shot with Eddie Garcia from Cameron's Custom Guns at the Area-1 Championship. Not only is Eddie one of the top shooters in the country but Cameron's is a premier custom builder. So next year we will be flying the Team Cameron's colors and working toward the Nationals. Below are a couple of photos of Cameron's work, not our actual guns. Our guns will take about 4 months to build. We will finish the rest of this years with the 34's.

Open gun.

6" Limited gun.
Bigdaddy likes this.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

He going to make you pretty Glocks or you going 1911 style grip angle? My para limited shot well and did fine in competition. Nerve damage in my hands stopped large shooting events.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
He going to make you pretty Glocks or you going 1911 style grip angle? My para limited shot well and did fine in competition. Nerve damage in my hands stopped large shooting events.
KWO,
They are built on 2011 chassis. They will have the 1911 grip angle. Grams Engineering is doing our mags. It will take some practice getting used to the grip angle and thumb safety. The trigger I am looking forward to the most. Our Glocks are running the Zev Ultimate trigger which is and as good of trigger as you can have in a striker fired gun. Compared to a crisp 1.5-2lb 1911 style trigger they are nothing but mushy junk. lol.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Still 40 or 45 to make major or has 9mm +p+P made the cut now. I am spoiled by the 1911 triggers. You won't be invited to anymore Glock shoots.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Still 40 or 45 to make major or has 9mm +p+P made the cut now. I am spoiled by the 1911 triggers. You won't be invited to anymore Glock shoots.
In Limited it is .40 and up to make major. On the Open gun 9mm and up. Major power factor is now 165. 9mm major is a sweet shooting gun. No where near the recoil of the .38-Super.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I would think that was the round of choice.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

.38-Super is in the minority now. Brass is tough to find and expensive. A well tuned 170mm mag will hold 30 rounds of 9mm. Hard to argue with that.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Just got an update. Our mags are shipping today! Guns are about 3-4 weeks out. New belts holsters and mag pouches are in. The big day is getting closer. Time to start loading ammo for the new toys. Potentially can be shooting them by the end of September.
ViperJeff and oppo like this.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Sweet you will be in HOG heaven. Looking forward to seeing you two in the competitions on TV. How heavy are these guns? Look like they may have STI frames. Have you had your lead levels checked yet?

Last edited by kwo51; 08-11-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I am jealous
ViperJeff likes this.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote