Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Competition

Competition

Shooting a GSSF match

This is a discussion on Shooting a GSSF match within the Competition forums, part of the General Weapons category!
I am shooting my first GSSF match this weekend. Planning to shoot at least one class with my G34 and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Shooting a GSSF match

I am shooting my first GSSF match this weekend. Planning to shoot at least one class with my G34 and possibly another with my G20.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I shot my 19 last year in FL. I was sick this year. You will have a blast lots of good peeps. You are shooting major so lots of good shooters.. Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Had fun but my shooting sucked. I installed Advantage Tactical sights on my gun. They worked great out to about 15 yards after that the front sight was way too big. One string I had 3 misses. Not good. Now trying the Dawson Precision sights. We have another GSSF match in August. So hopefully I can redeem myself.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
Had fun but my shooting sucked. I installed Advantage Tactical sights on my gun. They worked great out to about 15 yards after that the front sight was way too big. One string I had 3 misses. Not good. Now trying the Dawson Precision sights. We have another GSSF match in August. So hopefully I can redeem myself.
Glad u enjoyed yourself,that's the most important thing... I'm sure you will do better. What class did u shoot in???

Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I only brought my G34 which put me in the competition class. Next GSSF is in August and I will bring the G34, G20, and G19 and shoot multiple classes. Very few people were shooting the heavy classes so I may have a chance with the G20.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
I only brought my G34 which put me in the competition class. Next GSSF is in August and I will bring the G34, G20, and G19 and shoot multiple classes. Very few people were shooting the heavy classes so I may have a chance with the G20.
Nice, I love the g20.. 10mm is a nice great round.. why not shoot it. You shot with the pros with the g34 like u said.. keep me updated my friend..
Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Cost of ammo would be a bunch.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Cost of ammo would be a bunch.
I'm able to get 10mm for 30 bucks for 50 rds at a shop here in Tampa......
Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Last time I did one it was about 250 rounds.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

yeah you use alot of ammo for sure.....
Thomas Jefferson