Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Hunting

Hunting

Cecil the Lion killer contacts authorities

This is a discussion on Cecil the Lion killer contacts authorities within the Hunting forums, part of the General Weapons category!
I am sure you have heard about the Minnesota dentist who shot Cecil the lion, looks like now him and ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2015, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Cecil the Lion killer contacts authorities

I am sure you have heard about the Minnesota dentist who shot Cecil the lion, looks like now him and his guide may faces charges of poaching, not having the right permits and baiting him during this hunt..which was just outside the boundary of a sanctuary. Now Mr. Palmer has temporary closed his office and gone underground due to the public backlash.

Cecil the Lion's Killer, Dr. Walter Palmer, Contacts Authorities - NBC News

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

This is a typical media witch hunt before all the facts are in. If the it turns out the guy is guilty, then he should be punished. But now even if he is innocent, his entire practice, life, and reputation has been ruined.

Interesting how thousands of people are killed in Africa every day and nobody bats an eyelash....But one Lion with a cute name is killed and the whole world goes apeshit.
The War Wagon likes this.

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Our news media is so F--ed up that 1 lion is more news worthy than planned parent hood killing baby's.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I think it's going to be more than temporarily closed. And there is bound to be something else going on behind the scenes while the media has you distracted with this. Possibly taking some heat off of Planned No Parenthood.
The War Wagon likes this.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
I think it's going to be more than temporarily closed. And there is bound to be something else going on behind the scenes while the media has you distracted with this. Possibly taking some heat off of Planned No Parenthood.
My thought exactly! Why get upset over MILLIONS of babies that have been... "legally"... murdered, when SOMEONE, poached an old lion, SOMEWHERE!!!!
Old 08-01-2015, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Exclamation

JUST found this elsewhere!!!

Old 08-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Max
Full Access Member

On a side note: I don't know exactly how they pulled it off without screwing up the grammar, but a german newspaper published an article of about 15 words, 5 of them being "Lion."
I guess they REALLY wanted to emphasize the point that it was a lion, and not some other animal.

Max
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

An American dentist who killed a prized Zimbabwean lion named Cecil will not be charged because he had obtained the legal authority to slay the animal, a minister in the country reportedly said Monday.

Walter Palmer, a 55-year-old dentist from Minnesota, sparked global outrage in July after he allegedly paid $50,000 to use a bow to hunt the animal a tourist favorite and the subject of an Oxford University study.

But on Monday, Environment Minister Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri told reporters, including Reuters, that Palmer's hunting papers were all in order and therefore he would not be charged.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Cat burgers on the menu?
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I wonder how that conversation really went. The hunting guides would have know that Cecil was a celebrity and should not be hunted. Did they discourage the dentist from shooting him and the dentist did anyhow? Or was the cat lured out of the safe area on purpose just to be shot? Was the dentist aware of the importance of this particular cat?

Unless the dentist went against the guides recommendation, I put most of the blame on them for luring and letting Cecil be shot. But there are too many unanswered questions to make that decision. Even if his papers were in order.