Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Range



Range

Range Time 9/29/2012


This is a discussion on Range Time 9/29/2012 within the Range forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Well, the list grows at who might be there Me .40 Son .45 Son .22 Daughter .22 Dad 9mm .32 ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
ViperJeff's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Idaho
Age: 60
Posts: 2,340
Default Range Time 9/29/2012

Well, the list grows at who might be there

Me .40
Son .45
Son .22
Daughter .22
Dad 9mm .32
Sister ??
Mom .22
Son in law ??

It's going to be a fun weekend
__________________
421st AMU/388th TFW Hill AFB "Black Widows"
80th AGS/8th FW Kunsan ROK "Juvats"
5th FIS Minot AFB "Spitten Kittens"
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
VIPR PWR HK's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 410
Default

Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
Well, the list grows at who might be there

Me .40
Son .45
Son .22
Daughter .22
Dad 9mm .32
Sister ??
Mom .22
Son in law ??

It's going to be a fun weekend
Looks like an army of well armed Americans to me
__________________
9,12,22,25,32,45,223......> MORE FOR THE FUTURE !
VIPR PWR HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Arckadian's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: OOOOOtah
Age: 39
Posts: 1,386
Default

Me gonna take both my .45's juuuuust incase I feel like popping off a fwe with the 1911 and see how much of a difference the XDS is from it. I expect the XDS to kick like a mule.
__________________
Springfield 1911A1 Full Size .45
Springfield XDS .45
Arckadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
sixtyin5's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Age: 51
Posts: 200
Default

Originally Posted by Arckadian View Post
Me gonna take both my .45's juuuuust incase I feel like popping off a fwe with the 1911 and see how much of a difference the XDS is from it. I expect the XDS to kick like a mule.

From what I have seen/read the recoil is not as bad as you would expect. And it is surprisingly accurate. I plan on getting one in the future.
__________________
- Scott

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP
Springfield XD-s Single-Stack .45
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sixtyin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Arckadian's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: OOOOOtah
Age: 39
Posts: 1,386
Default

The XDS can kick quite a bit if you are not prepared for it, but on the whole it was surprizingly easy to handle..... now that I know what is wrong with my aim I expect I will do better next time I hit the range.
__________________
Springfield 1911A1 Full Size .45
Springfield XDS .45
Arckadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
sixtyin5's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Age: 51
Posts: 200
Default

Originally Posted by Arckadian View Post
The XDS can kick quite a bit if you are not prepared for it, but on the whole it was surprizingly easy to handle..... now that I know what is wrong with my aim I expect I will do better next time I hit the range.

What is wrong with your aim??
__________________
- Scott

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP
Springfield XD-s Single-Stack .45
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sixtyin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Arckadian's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: OOOOOtah
Age: 39
Posts: 1,386
Default

I am shooting down and to the right at the moment. I need to relax my grip a little bit more and get better control of the weapon. To be honest I feel a little intimidated by the weapon because of the caliber and the shortness of the grip, but I am going to get the extended mag so that I can comfortably have all my fingers on the grip.

I can get my pinkie on to the grip but only barely. I will feel more comfortable when I am not having to crush my fingers together to get them all on the grip. I have to order the mag's directly from Springfield though.... that is the only place I have seen them so far.
__________________
Springfield 1911A1 Full Size .45
Springfield XDS .45
Arckadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
sixtyin5's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Age: 51
Posts: 200
Default

Originally Posted by Arckadian View Post
I am shooting down and to the right at the moment. I need to relax my grip a little bit more and get better control of the weapon. To be honest I feel a little intimidated by the weapon because of the caliber and the shortness of the grip, but I am going to get the extended mag so that I can comfortably have all my fingers on the grip.

I can get my pinkie on to the grip but only barely. I will feel more comfortable when I am not having to crush my fingers together to get them all on the grip. I have to order the mag's directly from Springfield though.... that is the only place I have seen them so far.
Are you left handed?
__________________
- Scott

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP
Springfield XD-s Single-Stack .45
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sixtyin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Arckadian's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: OOOOOtah
Age: 39
Posts: 1,386
Default

Nope very much a right hander. and my right hand is a little bigger than my left.
__________________
Springfield 1911A1 Full Size .45
Springfield XDS .45
Arckadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 54
Posts: 38
Default

Originally Posted by Arckadian View Post
I am shooting down and to the right at the moment. I need to relax my grip a little bit more and get better control of the weapon. To be honest I feel a little intimidated by the weapon because of the caliber and the shortness of the grip, but I am going to get the extended mag so that I can comfortably have all my fingers on the grip.

I can get my pinkie on to the grip but only barely. I will feel more comfortable when I am not having to crush my fingers together to get them all on the grip. I have to order the mag's directly from Springfield though.... that is the only place I have seen them so far.
If I can get to the Range with you on Saturday, we will spend some time working on your grip, and aim, and we will work on your strong side shooting
TacticalAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On