Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Less-Than-Lethal Weapons

Less-Than-Lethal Weapons

Less than lethal?

This is a discussion on Less than lethal? within the Less-Than-Lethal Weapons forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Wow! My son rcvd his first "weapon" at Christmas, a spring powered air-soft pistol. After a few days of shooting ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Talking Less than lethal?

Wow! My son rcvd his first "weapon" at Christmas, a spring powered air-soft pistol. After a few days of shooting we (he and I) began speaking about a more powerful "weapon".
I am getting him a Crosman M4-177 in Tan for his birthday in a couple of weeks.
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/rifles/pump/M4-177TKT

While looking around I came across a PCP Air Rifle...holy crap! It's not my old pellet gun! .357 caliber at 800FPS! Killed a BOAR! Sorry to seem so excited but this is AWESOME! What's your thoughts? any one have one or shoot one?
Anyone ever shoot air soft guns? Realistic (some) and cheap as crap to shoot! I think I am going to build an indoor range in my basement...stay tuned for the calamity!!!
SWSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Precharged pneumatics are available in even larger calibers than that if you look for them. Pretty cool, imo.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Pumped it for 3 days before he went hunting. Pretty incredible.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Less than lethal on humans looks like.. lethal for game/squrill hunting. I have alot of armidillos and racoons where I live. Water right behind my home and is bay marsh canals so at night when I'm out smoking I see the activity up close and personal. I would not hunt just to kill so no need for a pellet gun. But if I needed meat I damn sure would take one out.. but that's doomsday prepperrs shit..
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Panzer possums and racoons .What no mickydees. CCI and a couple other ammo companys make 22 quiet ammo.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Super Moderator

With some of the high powered air/pellet rifles, with a properly placed shot I think a human would be toast as well. I'm looking at a Benjamin 725 NP XL .25 caliber. It can shoot up to 900fps and at close to 30 lbft. of power. I've seen some vids of it taking squirrel on up to small boar (under 200lbs.). Fox, bobcat, coyote all fall within it's capabilities. And this is a one cock gun. No having to pump for three days.

The PCP guns operate around 3000psi. You need a special pump or scuba tank to pressurize it. I don't want to have to rely on that.

I like the thought of the air rifle. It's quiet, cheap (as firearms go), reliable, accurate and capable of putting dinner on the table if needed. It would be a great tool to have in a SHTF scenario. A lot about survival is stealth. Not letting anyone else know your around or what you are doing. Compound, crossbow and air rifle will help with that.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I got my Benjamin Trail 725 and went out and shot it today. Still zeroing in the scope but so far I'm liking it. This gun kicks. Nice thing about it is I did this in my back yard. And none of my neighbors even knew I was shooting. This is no toy. It will take squirrel, rabbit, turkey and if I had any around here possibly a small ferrel pig.

Ammo is cheap (comparably). I just bought 1K rounds for $50. Try that with your .22. This will be a nice, simple, dependable tool to have in the box for when some silent hunting might be necessary or just to go out and target practice.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by SWSS View Post
... I am getting him a Crosman M4-177 in Tan for his birthday in a couple of weeks.
M4-177 Tan Kit (.177/BB)

While looking around I came across a PCP Air Rifle...holy crap! It's not my old pellet gun! .357 caliber at 800FPS! Killed a BOAR! Sorry to seem so excited but this is AWESOME! What's your thoughts? any one have one or shoot one?
How much meat did you get off that boar? (My hunting instinct resides much in my stomach.)
Anthony Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote