Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Long Guns > Shotguns



Like Tree2Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Bigdaddy's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 423
Default Pick up my new Remington 870

I got this a couple of days ago for my birthday gift to me, my church bless me with some money so I could go out and buy one. I know I only have the one shotgun in my gun safe but more are coming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shotgun pics 032.jpg (89.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Shotgun pics 033.jpg (91.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Shotgun pics 034.jpg (92.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Shotgun pics 041.jpg (97.0 KB, 21 views)
ViperJeff likes this.

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 03-19-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
ViperJeff's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Idaho
Age: 59
Posts: 2,340
Default

Yes, that gun is very loney, it needs some company
__________________
421st AMU/388th TFW Hill AFB "Black Widows"
80th AGS/8th FW Kunsan ROK "Juvats"
5th FIS Minot AFB "Spitten Kittens"
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Rusty Shackleford's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 239
Default

Very nice, I got my 870 tactical back in December.
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Bigdaddy's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 423
Default

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Very nice, I got my 870 tactical back in December.

So do you have any upgrade on it, I'm thinking about the ATI stock or Blackhawk ones, I would also get the 1+ mag holder or I might just leave it just as is.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
BrothersInArms's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cedar Creek, Texas
Age: 33
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
So do you have any upgrade on it, I'm thinking about the ATI stock or Blackhawk ones, I would also get the 1+ mag holder or I might just leave it just as is.
I suggest going with this Amazon.com: Phoenix Technology Remington 870 Kicklite Adjustable Stock Package (Black): Sports & Outdoors

A few months ago, I would have said to go with the Blackhawk. The new Gen2 they came out with looks and feels great, but doesn't do much in the recoil reduction category. The Kicklite is what we're going with for most of our 870 and 500 builds now.

Another thing... watch out for rust. Remington started going cheap on their finishing.
__________________
Brothers In Arms
Home of W.A.R. Manufacturing
07FFL - 02 SOT

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR

Last edited by BrothersInArms; 03-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.
BrothersInArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Rusty Shackleford's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 239
Default

Mines still stock, luckily the tactical already has a lot of the things I would have added.
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
RangerDanger's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE TX
Age: 43
Posts: 1,540
Default

I think magpul makes a decent looking stock also
STF likes this.
__________________
Sua Sponte
RangerDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Bigdaddy's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 423
Default

Originally Posted by BrothersInArms View Post
I suggest going with this Amazon.com: Phoenix Technology Remington 870 Kicklite Adjustable Stock Package (Black): Sports & Outdoors

A few months ago, I would have said to go with the Blackhawk. The new Gen2 they came out with looks and feels great, but doesn't do much in the recoil reduction category. The Kicklite is what we're going with for most of our 870 and 500 builds now.

Another thing... watch out for rust. Remington started going cheap on their finishing.

Okay, thanks I bookmark this so when I'm ready I can go here or to the LGS and pick one up.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
Bigdaddy's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 423
Default

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Mines still stock, luckily the tactical already has a lot of the things I would have added.
Do you have any pics?

Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
I think magpul makes a decent looking stock also

I going to look into this also.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
 
RangerDanger's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE TX
Age: 43
Posts: 1,540
Default

Local walmart had a 870 tactical for $340. I went back the next day and it was gone. Thats what I get I guess
__________________
Sua Sponte
RangerDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On