Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Hand Guns > Revolver

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ViperJeff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Charter Arms PitBull

I am thinking about picking up a Charter Arms Pitbull revolver in either 9mm or .40 caliber. I was wondering if anyone has one here if so what do you think of it.

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should also have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George's Washington
FloridaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Get what you pay for.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

There has been many stories where someone uses there concealed carry weapon and it is confiscated by law enforcement during the investigation that may take months. So I am looking at some inexpensive firearms as concealed carry weapons. Because I don't want a firearm costing $1,000 + locked up in police custody ,you never know what condition you will get it back in.

My LGS recommend that your concealed carry firearm is a firearm that you are not really attached to and one of lower cost to replace.

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should also have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George's Washington
FloridaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

until the time comes when you really need it, and it fails you or doesnt shoot straight
Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Glocks are cheaper than most good 1911's. I do have some lower end guns that I have tested well over 1000 rounds that I have trusted.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Administrator

I figure the cost of my CC weapon is inconsequential to the value of my life or a loved ones life one's life. SO if I loose my XDM .40 or my Sub Compact XD .40. I can live with that
oppo likes this.
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Thats the same way I feel about road rash on a Kimber or better 1911. Plastic is disposable.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

That's why I have 3 glocks, if one gets into evidence I have two more that I love just the same. I have alot of rds thru all of them without any kind of failure and i trust them with my life.
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

While I wouldn't recommend carrying a family heirloom, I certainly wouldn't let price be the primary factor in what I chose to carry. We carry because we understand that the world is not a safe place and there is a possibility we will need that firearm to protect our lives or the lives of those we care about.

As for the pitbull, I am not really familiar with it but I see no fault with the concept. The upside is that ammo cost will be less than 38/357.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote