Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry

CCW class

This is a discussion on CCW class within the Concealed Carry forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Me and the wife took our CCW class today. It was very informational! My wife was able to understand why ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CCW class

Me and the wife took our CCW class today. It was very informational! My wife was able to understand why it's so important to protect urself!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Good job to you and your wife.

Carry often.......carry smart.
Mockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Nearest class here is 80 miles away.
I mentioned this to one of My old friends, He said, if Yu have one, then they`ll know You are carrying, so He wont go get one.
I`ve been thinking about this for some time and I might just muster up and geterdone, I want the wifey and My sister to go along too, the wifey thinks it would be good, have`nt talked to My sister yet.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I think, over here in this county, it is just a metter of filling out a form, the sheriff signs it and the permit is then mailed to whoever is signing up for it.
I think that the classes should be taken though, just for the added safety.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

here in ca, getting a ccw is almost impossible. only 3 counties in the whole state give them out regularly.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

luckily i have family that lives in one of those counties. guess where my residency just changed to.......
Old 09-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Glad to hear, when i first started carrying I did not have one in the chamber for about a month... just wanted to be comfortable... to some it may sound silly I just wanted to make sure an u.d. don't take out a leg and god forbid anything else......carry everywhere u can, I think u live in TX so learn all of your states laws. One in Florida that's good for me is we are not a "right to inform state" meaning if u get pulled over on a traffic stop if your asked if you have any guns,grenades, rocket launchers and u do you can say no and its not illegal but I tell them I have a gun cause I don't want a 45 pointed at my head..lol
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

From CCW class

15yrds with a XDm 3.8 compact! Wish I used the extended mags instead of the 13rd mag. But, looks like I group good
Old 09-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Pretty good to me my friend.... hows your wife shoot? I took my girlfriend shooting this week, I let her shoot my G19 and she did good for never shooting, I was impressed but I must take some credit for training her....but she enjoyed it and wants to go again soon....
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Any cop in his right treats all persons as armed until proven other wise. This will allow then to live longer. Watch the hands!!!!!
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote