Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry

Conceal Carry

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry within the Concealed Carry forums, part of the Education & Training category!
What weapon would you use as a conceal carry? Do you have a preference or is one weapon as good ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Administrator

Default Conceal Carry

What weapon would you use as a conceal carry? Do you have a preference or is one weapon as good as another to you?

Me personally.... I went though several choices and finally settled on the Springfield XD-S. Primarily for the size and the caliber of the weapon. I want a weapon that is fairly easy to conceal but has the ability to stop whatever I am aiming at. The trade off I made was the fact that this weapon only holds 5 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe. My view is that IF I need to use a weapon and I need a massive amount of rounds.... the odds of survival might be a moot point unless I have a ton of mags :P . Besides if you know how to use a weapon one shot should be all you need.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

You've got to go with something compact and comfortable to carry. If it's not compact, it'll print (show) and others will be able to tell you're carrying. If it's not comfortable, you won't carry it and that will defeat the purpose of having a CCW. Even a .32 or 380 deterrent is better than no deterrent at all.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Administrator

Mine will be the XDM .40
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Administrator

Originally Posted by SilvSRT10 View Post
You've got to go with something compact and comfortable to carry. If it's not compact, it'll print (show) and others will be able to tell you're carrying. If it's not comfortable, you won't carry it and that will defeat the purpose of having a CCW. Even a .32 or 380 deterrent is better than no deterrent at all.
That is why I picked the XD-S. Unlike the XDM its a single stack mag not a dual stack so the width of the weapon is only 1 inch.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Arckadian View Post
What weapon would you use as a conceal carry? Do you have a preference or is one weapon as good as another to you?

Me personally.... I went though several choices and finally settled on the Springfield XD-S. Primarily for the size and the caliber of the weapon. I want a weapon that is fairly easy to conceal but has the ability to stop whatever I am aiming at. The trade off I made was the fact that this weapon only holds 5 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe. My view is that IF I need to use a weapon and I need a massive amount of rounds.... the odds of survival might be a moot point unless I have a ton of mags :P . Besides if you know how to use a weapon one shot should be all you need.
Never count on the 1 shot is all you need in fire fight situation. I prefer the Colt Commander .45 for comfort and stopping power , with at least 2 extra Mags. with hollow points .
Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Administrator

hehe I was actually thinking of the military when I mentioned the one shot thing. One of the things they make you say over and over in the service is "One shot, one kill." Now that may not be the reality, but it is not a bad thing to strive for. And I believe that in the military all it meant was practice makes better and you always have a chance to improve.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Currently my only firearm...

My Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP

I carry it in a Remora size 12 w/sweat shield and tuckable. Pics to come...

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP
Springfield XD-s Single-Stack .45
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sixtyin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Pics of my holster, and how I wear it...

Tucked in: Where is it?

Untucked:

Revealed:

The Remora:

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP
Springfield XD-s Single-Stack .45
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sixtyin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

How do you sit down with the rig in place? I've tried carrying a .45 on my side IWB Hybrid but it's just too darn uncomfortable. Keeps jabbing me in my side.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Administrator

becareful with that weapon where its at..... it can change your religion VERY quickly :P

I have an inner pant holster right now for my XDS... it is a Galco Gunleather inner pant holster for the XD compacts.... Me having gained a bit o weight has made many of my pants just to damned small at this point to wear it so no pics at this time until I can get rid of the skinny kid pants and get the fat guy cloths.... Boat sails HERE I COME!!