Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry Reciprocity

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Reciprocity within the Concealed Carry forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Well here in VT anyone allowed to own a handgun can CCW it....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Well here in VT anyone allowed to own a handgun can CCW it.
otasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by otasan View Post
Well here in VT anyone allowed to own a handgun can CCW it.
And Vermont as a State, has one of the lowest crimes rates in the country. IIRC, they are #3??? I'd imagine you'd know better than I would. Just seems I seen that in some reading somewhere not long ago.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by hotrodpc View Post
And Vermont as a State, has one of the lowest crimes rates in the country. IIRC, they are #3??? I'd imagine you'd know better than I would. Just seems I seen that in some reading somewhere not long ago.
We have had a few bank robberies and a few murders, but they are very rare. VT is relatively crime-free.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Super Moderator

We have had a few bank robberies and a few murders, but they are very rare. VT is relatively crime-free.
According to 2010 Results VT is #2 behind Maine for Total Violent Crimes, and is also #2 in Murder behind New Hampshire.

And this , lowest # being best. Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire Utah, and Wyoming being the lowest 5 states for Violent Crime. Based on rates of per 100,000 people in popluation. Those states have less than 2 murders per 100,000 people in 2010.

Stay the hell outta DC. Over 1330 murders for every 100,000 people. Although I'd say that's an exaggerated figure. Most of those murders probably aren't residents and people who live in another city/state come in for business, it will make the stat inaccurate.

Last edited by hotrodpc; 02-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Full Access Member

And in VT you can marry your same sex partner.Go figure.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
And in VT you can marry your same sex partner.Go figure.
Just so long as you can't marry your own brother or sister, I'm fine with that. I'm not the least bit gay in anyway shape or form, not even curious. But, as we speak of our freedoms we have in this country, that means you are FREE to choose. We also are granted, "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness", and if taking a pecker up the poop shoot makes you happy then so be it, but don't come flaming around me with it, do it in private, don't tell me about it, and I'll even still respect you as human being because IMO it's your right. It's even wrong according to the good book, but who am I to judge? Those who make that choice can have the conversation with their lord and savior. And again, in this country we are FREE to have our own opinions and express them, so I don't dislike anyone for their opinion whether it Pro Abortion, Anti Abortion, Pro Gay, Anti Gay.

Simply put, Treat people the way you expect to be treated, and that means, if I don't hold your opinions against you, don't hold mine against me, agree to disagree and this world would be alot better place.

And the same goes for religion. If the Christians want to have prayer at the pole before school every morning, let them do it. Noone is making anyone else participate. You don't like it, keep on walking. If the Muslims, Jews, Jehovah's Witmess' whatever the case may be, they can do the same damn thing at another part of the campus, or even hold their meeting after school if they want. BUT, once that bell rings and school is in session, then it becomes a "Seperation of Church and State" until the final bell rings.

I think alot of people actually forget what FREEDOM means.

Last edited by hotrodpc; 02-02-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Here in VT I keep my car locked, for sure.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Here in VT I keep my car locked, for sure.
Like a dumbass I left one of my Glocks in my truck door panel for years. Only took that one out about every other month for a cleaning. Always locked it when in a parking lot, but never locked it here at the house. THANK GOD, never got stolen. BUT, when my daughters bf got stupid, I took it out cuz he KNEW there was always a gun in the truck. It never got stolen. Knock on Wood. But I look back now, at how risky that was.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I am glad that your truck was never stolen!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Hell, if i was a woman, i'd be a lesbo...

SWSS from somewhere....
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote