Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Personal Protection

Personal Protection

How many of you

This is a discussion on How many of you within the Personal Protection forums, part of the Education & Training category!
Take out a wheel with the 45 may be a good shot if given due to hostage....

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Take out a wheel with the 45 may be a good shot if given due to hostage.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
I always practice shooting center mass if I'm training, I figure the bigger the target the better my chances of success are.
Very sound practice. Unless a "T-box" shot is achieved damaging the medulla oblongata, a head shot is useless. That is a hard shot to make and requires a lot of training. I've seen on several occasions men continue to fight with large portions of the skull damaged or removed. the body will continue to run unless the communication is cut from the brain. The upper abdominal/lower chest cavity is a sweet spot of sorts. The wound cavity and channel has a high probability of damaging vital organs, releasing bile and toxic fluids into the blood stream, and causing rapid hydrostatic shock. That info is from my personal experiences, not google lol.

- Rob
TheOl55 and RangerDanger like this.

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR
BrothersInArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Even the wife knows no matter what she has in her hands, from the .380 to her 16 gauge it needs to be a center mass shot. Period.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan
TheOl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I shoot a silloute target and "double tap" at center mass....If i need to shoot in the head that will be my 3rd shot cause after 2 in the chest hes gonna be down so a head shot would put his lights out for good. But I do practice head shots every once in awhile but not my primary target practicing with pistols. With my AR i shoot center mass also...IMO i feel thats the best for practicing...Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

The infamous one shot one kill head shot is more Hollywood than real life. Most military snipers these day take a torso shot rather than a head shot.

I primarily train to the torso but I also practice with a 6" steel plate at 25 yards to keep my skills sharp.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Center mass

"If you treat me as an enemy, I will become one."
dR
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Honestly, in a situation that requires me to shoot someone, id say you i would be happy as hell if they haint breathing and i am when it is over...knee cap to ball cap...dead.

SWSS from somewhere....
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

All the hydraulic fluid ran out.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

I was taught in my training classes a couple points I'd like to share.

First, gun fights last seconds, not minutes or hours. Hunting a head takes valuable time, time you are not likely to be afforded during an attack.

Second, should you encounter a shooter that you expect is wearing body armor, engage with multiple shots, center of mass, while moving off the line of force. Armor or not, he's gonna feel it. This buys you precious time. Time you can spend hunting the head.

The head of the company I've trained through had some examples of body armor shots and it was clear that even wearing level III armor, you'd sure as hell feel a 230 grain Hydro Shock.
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Double tap to chest and on the up recoil keep shooting until the attack is stopped.