Go Back   Weapons Forum > Education & Training > Personal Protection

Personal Protection

What is your self defense load?

This is a discussion on What is your self defense load? within the Personal Protection forums, part of the Education & Training category!
It's actually quite simple. First you need 3 Dillon Aero Miniguns, then you need a gallon package of JB Weld, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #61 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Re: What is your self defense load?

It's actually quite simple. First you need 3 Dillon Aero Miniguns, then you need a gallon package of JB Weld, half a gallon of each solution making a gallon as a whole. When you have those things let me know, and I can assist you further after that.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #62 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MrDoubleTap View Post
glock 23 .40 with hollow points
You might want to check into which Hollow Point you're using. It does make a difference. Long ago I had box of PMC Starfire. After watching other video's and how ammo performed, I did a search for the ammo I was using, nickel cases pretty looking hollow points. They're worthless as tits on a bore. IIRC, it was a denim water jug test. The bullet made it through all 6 jugs, was found though and looked exactly like it did when it was loaded into the magazine. Only difference was, it didn't have it's shell casing anymore, and the hollow point was clogged with denim. I'll be shooting those off at the range next time I go to make sure I get rid of them and don't mistake them for my Self Defense rounds. I'm also aware that Winchester makes a cheap non expanding hollow point round that's supposed to resemble shooting PDX1 for practice and target shooting. In cases of poor quality or non expanding hollow points, you're better off to use a standard target round.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #63 (permalink)

Super Moderator

If you want to cheap out on fairly good self defense ammo, like I did, get some of this Plain White Box Winchester 180Gr BONDED Jacketed Hollow Point. It's said to be FBI overrun and is PDX1 in a brass case instead of nickel case. Rather than 20rd for $23, it's 50rd for $22. There is also some Federal Plain White Box .40 ammo also said to be LEO overrun ammo and is like Federal HST and is priced similar to the Winchester Plain White Box, but I've not seen any of that around for a very long time.

Now don't mistake this stuff here for the PLAIN WHITE BOX FBI OVERRUN Ammo. This below is NOT IT. This guy is wrong when he calls this the Winchester White Box Ammo. What he is shooting here is the retail practice version of the hollow point that DOES NOT expand. See the Red Print on the Box, and notice it is NOT BONDED. This is just common retail Winchester Ammo you can buy at Walmart or about anywhere. But, do watch the test. This guy tests alot of ammo and is very thorough and does a great job at what he does. He just happens to be wrong in calling this the WWB ammo.

Last edited by hotrodpc; 02-16-2013 at 05:06 PM.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
Full Access Member

My carry load in my G17 is 17 rounds of 9mm WW 115gr JHP +P+. 1400 FPS at five yards.
otasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #65 (permalink)

Self defence will become a very essential for every person to protect himself in crime attacks or activities and make secured own self. I think, every person needs to get self defence training from security institute to make able to protect own self in crime attacks.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #66 (permalink)

Full Access Member

My 9mm loads are 115 grain HST Federal Premium and BU mags are Federal plus p plus115 grain. In. 40 caliber black talons......,Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Concealed 27; 06-26-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote