Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Range > Optics/Mounts/Attachements/Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default looking for a distance scope

Hey guys I have a reflex sight and mbus front and rear currently but I'm looking for a mil spec distance sight for my ar, I don't have a lot of money to spend and I want something decent. If you have a link to one you own and are happy with I would appreciate the help, been looking on Amazon cause they have gun stuff there. Anyways if u can help me with picking a,scope I thank you...
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Do you an idea of how much magnification you want and what you're looking to spend?
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Look at Millett. You get a lot for your money with them. I put one of these on my FNAR. Determine what range you want to reach out to or what your weapon is capable of. You don't need more scope than your AR is capable of reaching. The saying goes "spend as much or more on your glass than you did the gun". I don't abide by that rule. For $300 the Millett is a fine scope that gets rave reviews.

Amazon.com : Millett 4-16x50 Illuminated Tactical Riflescope (30mm Tube, .1 mil Click), Matte : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Millett 4-16x50 Illuminated Tactical Riflescope (30mm Tube, .1 mil Click), Matte : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors
Old 10-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yeah I'm oolong looking to spend 150.....
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Take a look at this one.

Millett Silver Buck Rifle Scope 3 5 10x40mm Plex Reticle Matte RARE | eBay
Old 10-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

In that price range, I have had very good luck with Nikon ProStaff. I have had one on my guide gun for years.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I won't put an expensive optic on a gun I may use as a club, unless my uncle is paying for it,then it would be an acog. JMO
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

check out bushnell. i have all bushnell scopes. the banner series are the ones i have on 6 of my .22 rifles. i run the elite 6500 on my .270 and .338 lapua. but eventhe cheaper banner series have great clarity.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

And you don't cry when they get dinged up.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote