Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Ammunition/Reloading

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do I tell her?

A co-worker of mine went to the gun shop to buy some ammo earlier today. Her boyfriend is going to the range this weekend, and he needed some AK ammo. She bought the last boxes of 7.62x39mm the store had, and she was so proud of herself for having found AK ammo during these scarce times.

There's just one problem. They were Tul-Ammo.

So now the conundrum. Do I tell her how crappy that ammo is, or do I let her boyfriend tell her?
Old 03-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Nobody tells her. Her boyfriend should accept the fact that she went out of her way to do something nice for him. After he shoots it then he can bring it up that he REALLY appreciated what she did for him. Then he can blame the ammo for his screwed up groupings because it was not the best stuff around.
oppo and hotrodpc like this.
TheOl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by TheOl55 View Post
Nobody tells her. Her boyfriend should accept the fact that she went out of her way to do something nice for him. After he shoots it then he can bring it up that he REALLY appreciated what she did for him. Then he can blame the ammo for his screwed up groupings because it was not the best stuff around.
Yeah, I plan on keeping my mouth shut. If she wants to know, she can ask me, and I'll tell her. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to him to decide whether she learns how bad that ammo really is.

I've shot it once.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

This ^^^^^

Besides, it is better than nothing and it seems nothing was the alternative.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Not sure about anyone else, but I'll have to say, to my surprise, my daughter did the same for me. And the Tul-Ammo shot pretty damn good IMO. Besides, it good to know if the cheap shit will run through his AK. In the event that's all he can get, he'd need to know. And it's cheap considering the prices now days. You get what you pay for. It is dirty ammo, but AK's don't mind it, and it's not corrosive so I say rock with it when you got it.

Also, I don't mind the Tul-Ammo anyway in the AK-47 since my son usually uses it to spray bullets. He don't do that so much anymore. Used to, we'd load the 40rd mags up with Two 20ct boxes and blast it away when it was .10 per rd. I told him it was bad enough at $4 per mag everytime he did that, but now it's .30 cents a round + tax that's $12 gone in a matter of 15 seconds. So we hold onto whatever we get now for the AK's for a need that might arise when we need to spray bullets and target shoot the handguns and practice our double taps and dropping & reloading mags to be better tactically trained with the hand guns.

Last edited by hotrodpc; 09-03-2013 at 12:36 AM.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Super Moderator

For Sure !!! x3.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by hotrodpc View Post
For Sure !!! x3.
I`m X4
Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Super Moderator

It may be a little dirty but it's gone boom every time I pull the trigger. If it's all I can get then it's my favorite ammo.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have never shot the tul ammo in my rifle, but I do now its dirty...I used to feed it thru my G27 and what a bitch to clean the barrel. Other than that I think its fine, I have not shot the tul ammo for a few years....
But I know its dirty stuff other than that .... went boom when i pulled trigger..lol
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

I've shot Tul-Ammo in my Sig P226 9mm before. Had a few casings crack and fail to extract, and it's dirty.

Basically, I wouldn't trust it for anything other than range, and barely at that. It's crap ammo.