Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge > History

History

Nice WWII Website of every kind of weapon Used

This is a discussion on Nice WWII Website of every kind of weapon Used within the History forums, part of the The Lounge category!
Im a huge history fan and ran across this site and I forgot how long I was online but had ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Nice WWII Website of every kind of weapon Used

Im a huge history fan and ran across this site and I forgot how long I was online but had a blast.... Concealed 27

World War II Weapons | World War II Database
Arckadian and RangerDanger like this.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Awhille back I was also checking out that website, as I'm also a big fan of WWII weapons. In fact I spent so much time there one weekend my wife said she filed a missing person report on me...

Sure like to fire one of those Russian PPsH-41's...

This is another site I check out from time-to-time...http://www.miarecoveries.org/

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Last edited by Sgt. Rock; 01-22-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
Awhille back I was also checking out that website, as I'm also a big fan of WWII weapons. In fact I spent so much time there one weekend my wife said she filed a missing person report on me...

Sure like to fire one of those Russian PPsH-41's...

This is another site I check out from time-to-time...MIA Recoveries : Locate and Document Missing WWII Aircraft and Pilots

That's fuckin awesome brother.........
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I freakin hate thinking about it. I HAD an M1 Garande that was said to have been used in both WWII and the Korean War. I bought it from an imported stockpille of Korean War vintage rifles, but the Serial # and several of the parts on it were certainly WWII. I'd love to have kept for the history alone.

I was told by a guy who seemed to be knowledgable on WWII Garands, that there were some of the better condition WWII guns that were kept, Reconditioned and put back in the armory, then pulled back out for the Korean War in 52. I wish I never had to sell it. The ONLY time I've ever sold guns is when I didn't have a choice.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg M1garand.jpg (43.1 KB, 53 views)
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

me too.. I got rid of a Winchester 12 gauge for practully nothing near its value cause I was in a bind...
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Awhile back Big 5 was selling M-1 carbines from WWII or Korea period for $1,000..almost bought one but thought that was too high. But with prices on firearms going higher that might of been a decent buy..

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
Awhile back Big 5 was selling M-1 carbines from WWII or Korea period for $1,000..almost bought one but thought that was too high. But with prices on firearms going higher that might of been a decent buy..
I ran across one 8 months ago for $600 bucks but was broke..Im crying right now...
Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Came across this one..but read the visitor restrictions plus you will certainly have the KGB up your ass for taking a picture.

Tank museum, Kubinka, Russia. Historical vehicles, armored cars, trucks & trains

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Administrator

Default Nice WWII Website of every kind of weapon Used

Wow those guys don't play around when it comes to their rules/restrictions.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

English translated "Be watchful comrade..for there are Western spies trying to get secrets on our T-34 tank"

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961