Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge > Politics / Conspiracy

Politics / Conspiracy

Famous Thomas Jefferson quotes

This is a discussion on Famous Thomas Jefferson quotes within the Politics / Conspiracy forums, part of the The Lounge category!
Many apply to the state of mess were in right now. When we get piled upon one another in large ...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Famous Thomas Jefferson quotes

Many apply to the state of mess were in right now.

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
#860 and oppo like this.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Wise words!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Zactly whats happening.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Well when will we wake up?
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

We are awake, The sheeple need to be aroused.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

He is one of my favorite founding fathers, he has alot of quotes along with the ones you put up.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

He's dead.
#860 likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I betcha if our founding fathers saw what this country is now..they say grab your muskets boys...time to take this country back for the people by the people.
kwo51 likes this.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

And 10 of us would show up. To many people getting hand outs.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

We need sheep dogs, not sheeple. I tell people that and i get the glazed doughnut stare...too stupid to be jelly glazed!

SWSS from somewhere....
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote