Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge > Politics / Conspiracy

Politics / Conspiracy

Magpul Leaving CO,?!?!?! Surprised? NOT !!!

This is a discussion on Magpul Leaving CO,?!?!?! Surprised? NOT !!! within the Politics / Conspiracy forums, part of the The Lounge category!
I knew it would happen or at least be talked about. I think I posted that in the the CO ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Default Magpul Leaving CO,?!?!?! Surprised? NOT !!!

I knew it would happen or at least be talked about. I think I posted that in the the CO thread where 4 House Bills had been passed.

Magpul preparing to leave Colorado - Denver Business Journal

Way to Go Magpul. OK or TX will be happy to have these 700 or so jobs !!!

Someone let me know if there is a thread started about this already. I skimmed and didn't see one. But figured it's worth mentioning.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

So it's official now? Good for them
Old 03-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Don't know that it's official yet, but it sounds as if as soon as the Governor signs the bill they'll make the announcement. I'd imagine this has been in the works with them seeing it coming. And to further make their point, I'm sure they'll save it for the day the Governor signs it. The Gov already said he'd sign it.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Magpul has been threatening to move if CO signed any bills. We'll see what happens soon enough
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Good, lets hope that they will go through with it.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I hope to sell so. Where they'll expect a drop in crime, they'll get nothing more than a hike in unemployment and less tax revenue. Do these dumbasses not realize how much money the Firearm bidness pumps into an economy. It's not just the firearms you idiots. It's the magazines, the targets, the ammunitions, and other accessories for the weapons. Bigtime idiots and they'll deserve every bit of the loss that comes their way.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

From what I hear, they've already begun transitioning, although no official word yet. Basically location scouting, I think.

They should come up here. Hell, one of our senators just introduced a bill that would offer gun and gun accessory manufacturers incentives to move production here. If I had a whole bunch of capital, I'd start my own manufacturing company.
tacticold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tacticold View Post
From what I hear, they've already begun transitioning, although no official word yet. Basically location scouting, I think.

They should come up here. Hell, one of our senators just introduced a bill that would offer gun and gun accessory manufacturers incentives to move production here. If I had a whole bunch of capital, I'd start my own manufacturing company.
OK and TX have done the same already. In fact, IN OK, they've passed a bill that even IF, the Feds pass a 10round limit bill, that any magazine made inside the state of OK will be exempt from the Fed bill. So if MagPul makes a 40rd AK-47 mag, it'll be legal for use INSIDE OUR BORDER. This also goes for guns too. So if their is an AWB, then as long as the AR-15 is manufactured in our state, it can be bought, posessed and used INSIDE OUR BORDER.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

MP announced on Facebook that they will leave CO. They have not announced where they are relocating to at this point. Speculation is Wyoming. Magazine production will move first followed later by the other products. They have until 7/1/13 before the new CO law takes affect.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Re: Magpul Leaving CO,?!?!?! Surprised? NOT !!!

Originally Posted by hotrodpc View Post
OK and TX have done the same already. In fact, IN OK, they've passed a bill that even IF, the Feds pass a 10round limit bill, that any magazine made inside the state of OK will be exempt from the Fed bill. So if MagPul makes a 40rd AK-47 mag, it'll be legal for use INSIDE OUR BORDER. This also goes for guns too. So if their is an AWB, then as long as the AR-15 is manufactured in our state, it can be bought, posessed and used INSIDE OUR BORDER.
Hope TX does the same. I might just have to get a LaRue or 2 if it does.