Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge > Politics / Conspiracy

Politics / Conspiracy

Police/Media Hoax?

This is a discussion on Police/Media Hoax? within the Politics / Conspiracy forums, part of the The Lounge category!
Story of Employees Taking Refuge in Freezer from Open Carriers in Texas Likely Never Happened The widely reported story that ...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Police/Media Hoax?

Story of Employees Taking Refuge in Freezer from Open Carriers in Texas Likely Never Happened

The widely reported story that Jack in the Box employees locked themselves in the freezer because they feared open carry activists is almost certainly a hoax. The event was reported to have happened at a Jack in the Box in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

This video report by NBC5 reporter Ken Kalthoff shows Irwin Harris saying that they entered the restaurant and were served without any fuss. He said they ordered, received their food, and left. The police told NBC5 that the employees then went into the cooler for protection. That seems a little odd... lock yourself in the freezer *after* the armed men act politely, pay for their purchases, and walk out? The only thing NBC5 has to show this is an email from the police. The Jack in the Box people refused to talk to the reporter.

GUN WATCH: Police/Media Hoax? Story of Employees Taking Refuge in Freezer from Open Carriers in Texas Likely Never Happened
Old 05-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I support what they are doing but rubbing it in anti gunners face can be stupid.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

In other words, even if it did happen, this would be an accurate account...

(Jack in the crack employee) Ummm, yeah, we saw some guys not breaking any laws and not doing anything wrong. They politely spent money on our products which of course, helps pay my wages. Then, they left. Being ignorant and brainwashed, we acted like idiots and tried to freeze ourselves and some other ignorant doofus called police to report that no crime had been committed.
ViperJeff and Sgt. Rock like this.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Administrator

yep, that sums it up
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

The guns iced them all.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Nice find!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Somebody thought they heard them yell "Freeze".
Sgt. Rock and kwo51 like this.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Like cool dude! I don't flaunt my wears, I want it to be a surprise when I need it. It sure will be to me because if I think I may need it I will go someplace else.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Super Moderator

As the story goes......in Texas you cannot OC a pistol. Yeah, I know....Texas would have my last guess for this. But they can OC a rifle. Hence the display in JIB. Even though it was perfectly legal to do. Sometimes when you bring attention to yourself (or cause) it can backfire on you. A complaint or two from the non carrying group and JIB finds itself caught in the middle. What are they suppose to do?

But I'm with KWO. The less other people know about what I'm doing, the better. I've probably been standing next to people that would wet themselves if they knew how close they were to my .40 ........caliber. So I keep it low key.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

See my post about a Texas Chipotle restaurant where customers complained about guns inside the establishment..all it takes is one to complain and next thing the liberal media is all over it.

President Eisenhower
Jan 17, 1961

Sgt. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote