Go Back   Weapons Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge > Politics / Conspiracy

Politics / Conspiracy

term limits

This is a discussion on term limits within the Politics / Conspiracy forums, part of the The Lounge category!
survey if you will, since representatives and senators have varying term amounts, what would an acceptable term limit be? The ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Lightbulb term limits

survey if you will, since representatives and senators have varying term amounts, what would an acceptable term limit be? The president only gets two four year-terms, why not set them for another branch? Thanks.
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Administrator

At this late point in that particular game.... I think it would be hard to set a limit now... but if we were able to set one...... something comperable to what the president already has would be an interesting idea to instate in the senate and congress. If the politicians knew that their time was limited maybe they would be more willing to use the time more wisely...

However even with a time limit on that how do you deal with the corrupt politician? Should there be limits on what the politician can do and if so where would you start?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

agree with the in too deep thought.
why not go back to the framework originaly set forth, the bill of rights and the Constituion. To me it is akin to the Holy Bible, written long ago but still very relevent. I believe that when the states were cut out ( and still are being) of the power vested to them by our founding fathers, the federal monster was cut loose.
The federal government needs to get the hell out of the way and let American power shine. I honestly have yet to see, other than our military and defense groups, a government agency that has earned its right to weld the power they have.
Why do we need czars of any sort? my stars there are more than enough agencies to go around...my revolution will be in the ballot.

I believe people should be more involved, educate people, although you cant fix stupid!! hahaha

sorry, didnt mean to rant on.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Administrator

Oh it's never too late. The problem is the idiots currently serving (themselves) would never vote themselves out of office.

With that, the power has always been in the hands of the voter and unfortunately, voters don't always vote responsibly. Funny how there are laws to drink responsibly, but not voting where even greater harm can happen... go figure
ViperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

well, i meant too late for this current POS congress...Obama gets another term, we're screwed...even Biden would say so!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Administrator

Originally Posted by SWSS View Post
well, i meant too late for this current POS congress...Obama gets another term, we're screwed...even Biden would say so!
You've got that right
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Not only term limits but age limits too. Some of these congressmen are so old they have to be wheeled in. You gotta know their faculties are gone. How can they make a good decision when they don't know their own name anymore?

I'd also like to see an investigative team that keeps an eye on each and every politician to make sure they are making decisions for the good of the country and not how best to line their pockets. If they are found to be taking money under the table to swing a vote then it's tar and feather time.

Last edited by SilvrSRT10; 10-11-2012 at 09:57 PM.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Not only term limits but age limits too. Some of these congressmen are so old they have to be wheeled in. You gotta know their faculties are gone. How can they make a good decision when they don't know their own name anymore?
because it is who they are, besides who said they made good decisions at any time?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Administrator

ie Senator Byrd?????
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

my own beloved Jimmy Quillen...