Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Rimfire Guns and Ammo

Rimfire Guns and Ammo

17 wsm

This is a discussion on 17 wsm within the Rimfire Guns and Ammo forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Well, I went shopping with the wife yesterday. After going to all of her stores, I mentioned that I hadn't ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By oppo
  • 2 Post By SilvrSRT10
  • 1 Post By kwo51

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default 17 wsm

Well, I went shopping with the wife yesterday. After going to all of her stores, I mentioned that I hadn't been to Cabelas in a while. So, we went to Cabelas and I happened to have $250 in gift cards with me. I was hoping to find a wood stocked 17 HMR with a lightweight barrel but they still didn't have one. I decided to look at guns out on the racks to see what was there. Someone put out a brand new Savage B Mag 17 WSM and put the wrong tag on it. It was only $199 instead of $329 like it should have been. I have no idea what i need it for but they honored it and I brought it home. I got some Winchester 20 and 25 grain v-max to try along with some Hornady 20 grain v-max. Hopefully, I will get to try it out soon and see how it shoots. It is really light and spits a .17 caliber v-max at 3,000 fps. If it shoots, it should make a nice little walking varmint gun.
SilvrSRT10 likes this.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oppo View Post
Well, I went shopping with the wife yesterday. After going to all of her stores, I mentioned that I hadn't been to Cabelas in a while. So, we went to Cabelas and I happened to have $250 in gift cards with me. I was hoping to find a wood stocked 17 HMR with a lightweight barrel but they still didn't have one. I decided to look at guns out on the racks to see what was there. Someone put out a brand new Savage B Mag 17 WSM and put the wrong tag on it. It was only $199 instead of $329 like it should have been. I have no idea what i need it for but they honored it and I brought it home. I got some Winchester 20 and 25 grain v-max to try along with some Hornady 20 grain v-max. Hopefully, I will get to try it out soon and see how it shoots. It is really light and spits a .17 caliber v-max at 3,000 fps. If it shoots, it should make a nice little walking varmint gun.
Nice.
oppo and kwo51 like this.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

HOT little round. I here it shoots very flat for a ways.
oppo likes this.
kwo51 is offline   Reply With Quote