Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Rimfire Guns and Ammo

Rimfire Guns and Ammo

off to the range

This is a discussion on off to the range within the Rimfire Guns and Ammo forums, part of the General Weapons category!
i took my oldest daughter to the local range last night. it has become a monday night thing for us ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default off to the range

i took my oldest daughter to the local range last night. it has become a monday night thing for us since its my only day off and i am home early enough to get out there before it closes. here is her target after about 300 rounds at roughly 20 yards with iron sights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

she was shooting both the cz and the ruger. she has more fun with the ruger because of the semi auto, but that cz is spot on.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Not bad shooting. I can't wait for my boys to get old enough for days at the range
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Re: off to the range

Nice! Gotten the wife out there yet?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Wow, not bad.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Maxx2893 View Post
Nice! Gotten the wife out there yet?
nope she stays home with our youngest daughter. but she has been shooting in visalia at my brother in laws house

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Wow, not bad.
her new scope comes in next week just in time for her birthday. i expect to see the grouping closer from a farther distance. i got 2 bushnell banner 4-12x40
scopes. one for each rifle. she loves shooting the guns. its our daddy, daughter time
oppo likes this.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Super Moderator

She did good !!! How old is she ninja?

I wish my son, who has been shooting he was 6, would take more interest in shooting for targets. He's getting better about it now that he's 16, but he's more into shooting the AK-47 and spraying bullets, or blowing shit into a million pieces with the shotgun.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

she will be 11 next week. she started shooting when she was 8 with an old henry lever action at my sister and brother in laws house. i think once we get her scope dialed in she will be happier. her biggest complaint is that she cant see the target very well. so what can you do? its your little girl, you spoil her........

what do you guys think about the bushnell banner series scopes? i was taking my buddies advice on them since he knows more about them. something decent but not overly expensive
Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

This is the scope I put on my 10/22. It's not great but for a cheap scope I have no complaints. Supposedly pretty good for the money on a rimfire gun

Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 32mm Adjustable Objective
Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

If she's asking for a scope, and concerned about accuracy, I'd say that's a good thing. To keep her involved and interested, I think a scope would be a good investment.

As far as a $65 Scope, I don't want to seem like a cheap bastard, but I got like a $30-$35 scope on my 10/22, and me and my son both can pop a squirrels eyeball out at 50 yards or the B on a Budweiser can. At 100 yards we can still hit the can, maybe not the B, but we can hit it every time. I just don't see the need to spend big money on a .22 scope since they don't have a strong recoil to knock them out of the adjustment. I'm fairly certain it's a Cheap Walmart Simmons scope I bought many years ago. I don't see it now, look like it went up $10 to like $35 or $39 but I got my son one of the $26 Barska Scopes with .97 cent delivery to the house from Wally World, and I"m pretty impressed with it so far. We have not dialed it in to 100 yards yet since we haven't had .22 ammo when we went shooting, but i have a feeling it's a good scope too. Just so long as it's something with a 1in tube and not one of those BB, Air Soft .22 scopes, it should work good on a .22. Reason I go with 1in scope tube, is I use See Thru Scope Rings on the .22's. Either Weaver or Leupolds. Set the Irons for 50yards, and the Scope for 100 yards is the norm for us and it works well.
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote