Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Rimfire Guns and Ammo

Rimfire Guns and Ammo

Ruger 10/22 Black Dog 25rd Mags $18.98

This is a discussion on Ruger 10/22 Black Dog 25rd Mags $18.98 within the Rimfire Guns and Ammo forums, part of the General Weapons category!
Not sure if anyone is willing to give them a try, but I've been told Black Dog got the patent ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Default Ruger 10/22 Black Dog 25rd Mags $18.98

Not sure if anyone is willing to give them a try, but I've been told Black Dog got the patent off the old Eaton mags that were sold in the 80's up till the 94 Gun Ban. I had 3 of those Eaton 25round mags and 2 were like perfect, one was a bit picky on the ammo. The do also appear to be the same by the looks of the little nubs that connect them to be connected.

If anyone willing to give them a try, this place in LA seems to have them in stock for $18.98. No Tax and FREE Shipping. Might be worth it to try at least a couple if you don't have any hi cap 10/22 mags.

I've gotten 2 orders from this place in the last 2 months. They are back logged like everyone else, and it takes about 2 weeks, but the items were packed well and exactly as advertised.

Black Dog 10-22 Ruger 25 Round Mag
hotrodpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Here is a pic of the Black Dog Mag. If anyone has had an experience with these mags, post it up, so others who might be interested in giving them a try have an idea if good or not. I have not used a Black Dog before, but IF it's true about being Eaton mags, I have had those and at this price if I needed mags I'd be willing to give them a try.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Do not order these with PayPal. I tried and they can cancelled my order after about 2 weeks. Someone on another site told me he had a few of them and claimed they work great
hotrodpc likes this.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

You're right on the Paypal. I used my PayPal debit card. What happens is they tag your card for the amount when your order. Like 4 or 5 days later the balance goes back on your card. Then when they ship like 10 or 12 days after your order, they charge your card for real, not just a verification of availability and then the funds come out of your account and the stuff shows up a few days later via USPS First Class. But yeah, probably best to use a real credit card, or a debit card you have plenty of funds in the account.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

They completely cancelled my order. It was charged to my Paypal and then reimbursed. They never tried to charge my card or bank account which are both backups on my Paypal account. I was trying to sneak one passed the wife with no success lol
Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Super Moderator

That is a bad thing about them, they are NOT real time on their inventory. That drop down box that shows, Glock 19 13rd, used to be a choice of ia Glock 17 17rd where you could choose Glock 17 too, so being the Glock 17 choice is gone, makes me think they might really have the Glock 19 mags and these too, sicne they recently updated their ads. I've also called them before and they can tell you if they really have it in stock or not. It's a Toll Free #, and I didn't sit on hold for any length of time at all, and they do speak English. So maybe best to give them a call to see first for sure.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I may try that. I really need some more 25 rounders for the 10/22. $19 a pop isn't a huge loss even if they don't work very well. Thanks for the heads up
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Black Dog is a customer of mine. They make a great product and stand behind it. Made in the USA.
Silver-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

How many rounds have you guys put through these? Im not a big fan of the poly feed lips. But I'm not going to pay $110 on gunbroker for a bx-25. People on that site are On fucking drugs
99LSxS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

You can buy the ruger bx25 mags directly from Ruger's site. It'll take several months to get them but they're only $31 each