Go Back   Weapons Forum > General Weapons > Rimfire Guns and Ammo

Rimfire Guns and Ammo

Ruger 10/22 takedown

This is a discussion on Ruger 10/22 takedown within the Rimfire Guns and Ammo forums, part of the General Weapons category!
I found one of these today for $349, I did not pick it up but I think I should have. ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Ruger 10/22 takedown

I found one of these today for $349, I did not pick it up but I think I should have. Just wanted some opinions. They will only sell me 100 rds of ammo even buying the gun.... I'm worried like everyone I won't be able to shoot it due no ammo, throwing money away?????
Concealed 27
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I still see the Rugers 10/22s on the shelves around here, but it is the same situation with ammo. .22LR can still be found, but in small quantities. I don't see the bulk boxes anymore. If you've got the cash to spend on one, you might as well. It's one more gun in the collection, and sooner or later the ammo will come back. Just gotta wait for all the guys with their Mossburg Plinkster and S&W 15/22s to stop grabbing it all up.

That's my theory. Once the ARs were gone guys started going after the tactical 22's. That's when the ammo started to disappear too.
Mockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Agreed, I just like the ruger but with ammo I'm good on pistol and 223, I was lucky and most of my stuff was done before the nonsense happened. I saw 9mm ammo for 40 bucks for 50 rds.... I think I will look for ammo and if I find it and they still have it I'll pick one up.... he had a few like u said. You've seen them around.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson
Concealed 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

The 22 shortage pisses me off the most. The only reason I ever bought (few hundred at time) it was for the kids. Now it's not readily available, and the end result is less time spent with the boys shooting.

What's next .177 Pellets?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown

Hey now, don't be a AR-15/22 hater...

SWSS from somewhere....
SWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Wasn't hate'n AR15/22's SWSS. I have a tacticool 22 too.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Any particular reason your looking at the takedown version other than availability? I'd suggest the carbine for just a plinker since it's easily $125ish cheaper when you can find one. Plus there's ton of aftermarket out there for it. I'm not sure what's available for the takedown but I doubt there's as much
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Funny you would say that, i finally get the little 15/22 and i will be flipped id the ammo just vaporizes!

SWSS from somewhere....
Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Which carbine? Or just in general?

SWSS from somewhere....
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SWSS View Post
Which carbine? Or just in general?

SWSS from somewhere....
Just in general. I prefer the stainless one but don't like the synthetic stock. Depending on what he wants/needs it for the wood stock with the blued receiver and barrel would be the cheapest. You can dump a ton of money into any of them before you know it