Go Back   Weapons Forum > Weapons > General Discussion > Long Guns > AR-15

AR-15

Finally finished the 7.62x39

This is a discussion on Finally finished the 7.62x39 within the AR-15 forums, part of the Long Guns category!
It was originally going to be a 6.8 but mainly because of ammo cost it ended up being a 7.62x39. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By oppo
  • 1 Post By Bluez
  • 1 Post By SilvrSRT10
  • 1 Post By oppo
  • 1 Post By oppo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Finally finished the 7.62x39

It was originally going to be a 6.8 but mainly because of ammo cost it ended up being a 7.62x39. It mostly a budget build does have a Geissele trigger. Now she just needs some irons or an optic.

Bluez likes this.

Last edited by oppo; 06-05-2018 at 01:11 AM.
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Pretty cool!
Frankly i like the choice of 7.62x39 over 6.8 SPC..
oppo likes this.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Super Moderator

7.62x39 is a pretty respectable round.
Bluez likes this.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Ballistically, I like the 6.8 better but there is a lot to be said cheap and highly available 30 caliber rifle ammo.

The color isn't a perfect match but it is closer than it looks in the picture. The ASC magazine is extremely close to the magpul plastic. The upper is cerakote it is a little glossy which is exaggerated by the camera flash. The handguard is a Matrix arms and for $49, I am very pleased. The bcg is Toolcraft. I should have taken a close up but the dust cover and charging handle, which has an extended latch, have American flags and "We the people" on them. The barrel is a BCA I got On sale for $49. Depending on how it performs, I could always upgrade later and at that price, I won't feel bad about heating it up. The trigger is a Geissele G2. I still haven't really decided on an optic but it will soon be wearing a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-1050 I just picked up on sale for $149 and used a gift card toward. $100 pit of pocket was too good to pass up. Eventually, that scope will probably end up on my 270 or possibly my 17wsm.
Bluez likes this.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Took her out to the range today and overall, I am pretty pleased. I took some Tula, old Barnaul soft points, and steel cased Monarch that my local Academy carries. The Tula was a fail. Accuracy was less than the other two and inconsistent primer depth led to repeated failures to fire, even upon restrikes. The softpoints functioned 100% and accuracy was definitely good enough to hunt with. Conveniently, the Monarch was the winner. Typical 5 shot groups were 3-4 rounds into an inch with 1 or 2 opening things up but still 2 moa or less. I will consider that a win for a $49 barrel and steel cased Russian ammo. It is good enough for a plinker / hog gun. It also had little shift in POI and didn't open up as it heated up.
SilvrSRT10 likes this.